Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight gain with caloric deficit and thyroid is fine.

ANSWERED

I've had huge caloric deficits and I am still gaining weight.  My blood work is all good except my estrogen is extremely high, then drops really low (1100 down to 30) I've had as much as a 33,000 deficit to 20,000 in one month according to my fitbit burn.  I've gained 50lbs in the past year and my doctors are at a loss and haven't seen anything like this before.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm currently taking supplements for adrenal fatigue for support.  I eat a very clean diet, mostly Paleo. I eat very little processed foods, and have lived on 1000-1200 cal a day. I sleep well (7-7.5 hrs) I don't feel tired, my doctor told me that if I wasn't eating such low calories and exercising so much I would have probably gained an additional 30-40 lbs!  I'm so frustrated! I really could use some answers or anyone dealing with a similar situation.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner - sounds really puzzling and frustrating.  Given your fluctuating estrogen levels and adrenal fatigue, I'm thinking your situation transcends the conventional wisdom we normally dispense here.   Have you seen an endocrinologist, and what do they say?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @SunsetRunner - sounds really puzzling and frustrating.  Given your fluctuating estrogen levels and adrenal fatigue, I'm thinking your situation transcends the conventional wisdom we normally dispense here.   Have you seen an endocrinologist, and what do they say?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have, he was the one that stated if I hadn't been eating so low cal and exercising so much I would be 30-40lbs heavier.  No one seems to have any answers.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner,

You have a dietary dysfunction. Treating it by calorie restriction or taking supplements just won't work.

The problem is, nobody can give any advice unless you make your profile public, and we can see the charts. 

If you are the type of person who can, weigh and log everything you eat. This includes any oil you use in cooking. If you use a spray on oil like PAM, weigh the can before and after spraying. Add an equal amount of a vegetable oil to your log.

Your dietary dysfunction is the Paleo diet or any variation of it. You can't lose fat by eating fat unless you are willing to restrict calories for the rest of your life. It's not anymore possible than restricting the size of each and every breath you take. Eventually, you binge and those extra grams of fat get tucked 

away for the future.

To get started, I'd like you to take a picture of each and every morsel you eat during the next week. The easy way is to start a new Instagram page and share the photos to that page as you take them. 

Keep in mind, obesity is an indicator that you are well along towards a diagnosis with one of the 15 or so degenerative diseases that are so common today. Once you get one, the rest follow sooner or later. They can be prevented, arrested or reversed in almost every case.

It's clear what you are doing isn't working. Trying harder won't make it work better. Changing your approach to eating will. 

Best Answer
0 Votes