Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight loss challenge from June 1 to June 30

In May I gained 3 pounds. This month I would like to go down not up !!!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Glenda. Nice to see you around. 

Don't give up, at the beginning I think it's going to be hard but consider that you will get great results by the end of your challenge! 😊 Here are some few tips that could help in your challenge. 

1. Do not skip breakfast: 

Some people think that skipping breakfast will not help to lose weight. But this is not true since you could miss out on essential nutrients and you may end up snacking more throughout the day because you feel hungry.

2. Get more active: 

Being active is a primary key to losing weight and keeping it off. As well as providing lots of health benefits, exercise can also help burn off the excess calories you cannot lose through diet alone. Find an activity you enjoy and are able to fit into your routine.

3. Drink plenty of water: 

People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger. You can end up consuming extra calories when a glass of water is really what you need.

4. Eat regular meals: 

Eating at regular times during the day helps burn calories at a faster rate. It also reduces the temptation to snack on foods high in fat and sugar.

5. Plan your meals: 

Try to plan your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the week, making sure you stick to your calorie allowance. You may find it helpful to make a weekly shopping list.

Also, take into consideration that you can consider to cut Your Calories by 500 to 750 per Day: for this, figure out how many calories you really need, and reduce that number by 500 to 750 calories per day, in order to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week. The food logging feature in the Fitbit app makes it extra easy. Just don’t dip below the bare minimum your body needs—1200 calories per day for women, or 1500 for men.

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Thank you for trying to help.  Those suggestions probably will help the majority of people who are bigger.  But I'm only 5'1.5 inches tall.  1200 calories a day would take me forever to lose any weight.  In my next life I am going to be taller.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just so happened that I came upon this topic mid-month.  The only way I've found to successfully lose weight for myself is to follow a whole food plant based, no processed foods, no sugar, no salt, no oil diet  AND stay within my Fitbit limits.  For me, what I eat is just as important as how much I eat.  Now this ia difficult but with a little planning it's possible. There are plenty of sites online with delicious recipes.

My problem is that I'm an emotional eater and you have to actually cook to follow this way of eating.  I hate to cook.  Pre-preparation helps but when I've followed the program, it works. 

I hope this provides another tool in your kit. 

Best Answer

Oh and I've lost 7 lbs. so far since June 1st following this way of eating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are the recipes in the category of "Plant based diet recipes"?  I eat unhealthy amounts of salt but a friend said he switched to cayenne pepper.  I tried it and that may help me reduce salt quite a bit.  Does no oil mean no avocado either?  Congratulations of your great success this month.  Good job!  I'm a poor cook.  I have recently started cooking meatloaf though with very lean hamburger lots of vegetables, some egg whites, and a cup of old fashioned oatmeal run through a coffee grinder.  (The recipes call or quick oats but you can use old fashioned if you grind it to make it cook faster.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes