Did you mean: 

Weight loss

ANSWERED

• Hhcfffff
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @spicysoviet,

It's hard to say, but a few things stood out to me from your post.

First, good job logging all the food. Many people skip this step and end up underestimating their calorie intake. Are you using Fitbit's food logging or the one from MyFitnessPal?

I think you should really consider using a weight scale, as it will give you definitive numbers as to your weight loss. This could be important if you're strictly logging food intake, to have numbers on the other side of the equation. You may have actually lost weight, but don't see it reflected in the mirror.

I wouldn't put too much thought into whether people notice a change or not. Some people don't pay attention to that sort of thing.

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. If you're looking for changes in your metabolism, 6 weeks isn't much time to make changes to it. You want to make long-term changes, so try not to look at the short-term too much. Getting back to where you were 10 years ago may take some time. Our metabolism changes, our hormonal profile changes. Patience is your friend.

I find there are certain sticking points in weight loss. For you it sounds like it's around 160. If you can get past that point, it may get easier. I find manipulating calorie intake has a larger effect than increasing exercise. But you may want to play with both to see how your body responds.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Be mindful that current research shows that wearables are anywhere between 30-60% over-estimating caloric expenditure

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @spicysoviet,

It's hard to say, but a few things stood out to me from your post.

First, good job logging all the food. Many people skip this step and end up underestimating their calorie intake. Are you using Fitbit's food logging or the one from MyFitnessPal?

I think you should really consider using a weight scale, as it will give you definitive numbers as to your weight loss. This could be important if you're strictly logging food intake, to have numbers on the other side of the equation. You may have actually lost weight, but don't see it reflected in the mirror.

I wouldn't put too much thought into whether people notice a change or not. Some people don't pay attention to that sort of thing.

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. If you're looking for changes in your metabolism, 6 weeks isn't much time to make changes to it. You want to make long-term changes, so try not to look at the short-term too much. Getting back to where you were 10 years ago may take some time. Our metabolism changes, our hormonal profile changes. Patience is your friend.

I find there are certain sticking points in weight loss. For you it sounds like it's around 160. If you can get past that point, it may get easier. I find manipulating calorie intake has a larger effect than increasing exercise. But you may want to play with both to see how your body responds.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes