Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What inspired you to change?

What was the motivating factor that inspired you to start and stick to a weight loss plan? 

As an overweight kid, then teen, then young adult, I've struggled with weight all my life. I lost around 60 lbs twenty years ago in my early 20s because I wanted to meet a guy on the internet (long story). Though it didn't work out with the guy, I finally lost the weight, discovered exercise, and a wonderful feeling of accomplishment from meeting a goal that seemed unachievable. 

I've found I really need to be obsessive in order to change and stick with a routine and make that change. Twenty years later I'm looking for the next, less fantasy based inspiration. Curious what turned (or is turning) it around for others? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I have costochondritis  When I started getting chest pains and breathing was uncontrollable  I went into a panic mode which ended up making it worse, roll on spending new years day this year in A & E.

I've two young girls and they need me, as does my husband  I'd been gaining weight since second birth as I had PND not helped by her having reflux and colic.

Starting on the 15th of Jan I'm now down 20lbs. I'd love to lose another 8 by Easter Weekend. Then the harder work starts

Best Answer
0 Votes

there were a hundred little things that got me to start, but the fact that I had no energy to do the things I like to do was probably the biggest.  Could not detail my Camaro SS, back would kill me. never could complete a task that was pretty easy just a couple years ago.  realized that I was not doing a lot of things because of my weight. found lots of excuses.  then I went to the company health screening on 10/06/2017 and that was enough of the excuses.  had been formulating a plan since summer to try this Keto diet I had read so much about, on 10/08/2017  started it and with in two days I realized that this plan was doable. realized that I had found the strategy for me.  after losing over 100 lbs in 5 months I am wearing clothing I haven't warn since the mid 90's.  dropped from a 58 inch pant to a 50 and they are loose on me 🙂 

****************update, down to 305, 145 lbs lost and now wearing 46 pants, and they are slightly loose,  from 56 to 46, now that is a drop 🙂   belts I used to run out of holes on now go around my waist to my hip bone on the side.....Crazy!!

Best Answer

@oh_suzanney -- your story is inspirational -- thanks for sharing such a motivational post!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Daves_Not_Here. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes