Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to eat when you are not hungry

ANSWERED

Can you please help me on what you eat when you are not hungry?  I eat healthy which includes lots of vegetables and chicken, salmon, tuna and some pork but can never get to 1200 calories in a day even eating 3 healthy meals a day.  I have to force myself to eat which is not good.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is my experience, and others may differ, but I would bet that I'm not the only one who finds herself here struggling with weight for this very reason.  Eating when I'm not hungry.  My issue is not as much about eating bad stuff as it is about the amount of food I can actually eat.  When I first started dealing with weight issues, I would try to fill all my calories every day, even if I wasn't hungry.  But that just perpetuated the problem for me.  So what I do now, is if I'm under a couple of hundred calories, I don't sweat it.  There may be a time where I go over a couple of hundred calories on a particular day.  If my appetite is a bit bigger, I may have a bigger piece of fish, an extra helping of rice or potatoes, or even if I want to have a dessert, or a chocolate bar.  

If I'm eating mostly healthy - good proteins, vegetables, snacking on healthy things like fruit, drinking lots of water, then my body is getting nourished. 

I have tried eating all my calories no matter what, and I have tried just eating when I am hungry.  I am much more successful in managing my weight by only eating when I am hungry, and I keep the weight off for a much longer time (10 years).

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

If you're looking to add extra healthy calories try snacking on nuts. It doesn't take a bunch for the calories to start adding up and they're good for you. Almonds for example are really high in calories. 

Best Answer

That is a great idea!  Thank you!

Best Answer

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my experience, and others may differ, but I would bet that I'm not the only one who finds herself here struggling with weight for this very reason.  Eating when I'm not hungry.  My issue is not as much about eating bad stuff as it is about the amount of food I can actually eat.  When I first started dealing with weight issues, I would try to fill all my calories every day, even if I wasn't hungry.  But that just perpetuated the problem for me.  So what I do now, is if I'm under a couple of hundred calories, I don't sweat it.  There may be a time where I go over a couple of hundred calories on a particular day.  If my appetite is a bit bigger, I may have a bigger piece of fish, an extra helping of rice or potatoes, or even if I want to have a dessert, or a chocolate bar.  

If I'm eating mostly healthy - good proteins, vegetables, snacking on healthy things like fruit, drinking lots of water, then my body is getting nourished. 

I have tried eating all my calories no matter what, and I have tried just eating when I am hungry.  I am much more successful in managing my weight by only eating when I am hungry, and I keep the weight off for a much longer time (10 years).

Best Answer
0 Votes