Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why exercise is critical for good health. Calories not mentioned.

Researchers at Monash University in Australia, Prof. Tony Tiganis report that exercise promotes and protects insulin sensitivity which keeps us healthy.  Insulin resistance is bad,  It is the inability of the body to respond to insulin.  Inactivity causes insulin resistance or inability of body to respond to insulin (sometimes causing type 2 diabetes).   Skeletal muscle constantly produces REACTIVE OXYGEN SPECIES  (ROS).  It is increased during exercise.  NOX4 is also increased in skeletal muscle after exercise which protects us from developing insulin resistance .  Inactivity causes insulin resistance, or the inability of the body to respond to insulin,  

The researchers didn't mention anything about calories in or calories out, or how much activity was enough,  Don't exercise so much that you feel you deserve to eat more.   Being overweight isn't good.  Is it reasonable just to say limit exercise so  that you  don't feel you deserve to eat more?  LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

There are those of us who subscribe to the notion, "I don't exercise so I can have a beautiful body, I exercise so I can eat whatever I darn well want to eat."

Best Answer