Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my Fitbit sync to my laptop?

ANSWERED

Good afternoon,

I first joined Fitbit 2 years ago and I've had no problem with syncing it, but lately the time has been wrong and I've tried so many things but it still wouldn't change. If anyone knows how to re-sync it and get the time back let me know. I have a Chrome book.

Thanks,

Kaylee

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Baxtersgirl16: it’s great you have a compatible phone that will let you sync your Fitbit. If you have any further questions, you can ask them on the relevant help forum for your platform (Android, iOS, Windows), or on the help forum for your particular Fitbit tracker. This discussion forum is more aimed at weight management, not technical issues like syncing etc.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I deleted my application for Fitbit connect on my laptop then redownloaded it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m surprised you’ve been able to sync to your Chromebook at all. AFAIK, the FitbitConnect software used for syncing on computers only runs in Windows and Mac OS. Even on these, you may need to use the Fitbit dongle (which used to be supplied with older Fitbit trackers such as One, Flex etc.) with older versions of Windows, or older PCs or Macs that don’t have the required Bluetooth hardware. I’m not aware that ChromeOS (the operating system of Chromebooks) is supported by Fitbit Connect. Are you sure you were syncing to your Chromebook, and not another device (e.g. mobile phone or tablet)? 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I don't think I could resync it through my Chromebook so I did it on my phone. Thank you for all your kind help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baxtersgirl16: it’s great you have a compatible phone that will let you sync your Fitbit. If you have any further questions, you can ask them on the relevant help forum for your platform (Android, iOS, Windows), or on the help forum for your particular Fitbit tracker. This discussion forum is more aimed at weight management, not technical issues like syncing etc.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes