Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternative to my fitness pal

I give up. fitbit no longer syncs with MFP.  So, it's time to switch one of the two.  Is anyone using something other than MFP that you would recommend. This is my last ditch effort before going to jawbone24.

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Mine is syncing just fine... Man Indifferent

The only thing standing between you and your weight-loss goal is the bull**** story you keep telling yourself!
Best Answer
lucky you
Best Answer
0 Votes

LoseIt.

Food is fuel, not friends.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would vote for lose it as well.  good luck with the syncing!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I'll check in to lose it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm new to the fitbit world. I'm curious as to why anyone would use a different food logging site other than the one provided with the fitbit.

Any insight would be great.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, I use lose it vs fitbit for a few reasons:

1) bar code scanner on lose it

2) bigger/better database on lose it

3) easier functionality for creating recipes/personalized foods on lose it

I would LOVE to just use one app but the fitbit food functionality just doesn't meet my needs. 

Best Answer

Agree with Sarah.  

Not all the foods I eat are listed here on Fitbit.  Or, the portions are not what I am looking for.  I personally love using MFP.  I stock all my recipes there so I can calculate all my macros and tailor my foodplan.  

Goals: Low Carb, high fat, 70-20-10 .... lose 20 pounds by 6/2017
Best Answer

Completely new to Fit Bit Force.  Just so I'm clear, are you saying that MFP does NOT link to Fit Bit?  If not, are you logging all foods in MFP and then re-entering the data into Fit Bit?  Also, I'm a big Garmin user-- does Fit Bit talk to Garmin or other HR tools so that data does not have to be entered twice?  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read that the fitbit ---> MFP link is broken, but that MFP---> Fitbit works fine. I just linked mine today and do not see any problems yet... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it, thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine works both ways, also today? Fit it links to Myfitnesspal and the other way around.
Stef.
Best Answer

I agree. I would miss the bar scanner. MFP links with Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the moble app it does have a barcode scanner...I use it. ISO on my I phone I am sure they have it for Android too.

Best Answer
0 Votes