Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calorie deficency-weight loss calculator

ANSWERED

Anyone knows where I can find a calculator for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My opinion is that you have all the calculation you need with Fitbit (not an advertisement, I'm just a user).  Assuming you have a Fitbit device and its app, Fitbit will estimate your calories burned.  If you log your meals in the App, you will be able to see the deficits over time.  The thing I really like is how you can set a deficit goal, and the app will tell you where you are relative to that goal.

To lose a pound a week, create a 500 daily calorie deficit.  To lose two pounds a week, create a 1,000 daily calorie deficit.  This is based on the well-accepted theory that to lose a pound, you must create a 3,500 calorie deficit, independent of age, weight and gender.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @kwaasen - sorry what do you mean? The calorie deficit required to achieve weight loss?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, yes. I'd like to type in height, weight and preferably body type and be told how big deficiency I need to loose a given amount a month or week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My opinion is that you have all the calculation you need with Fitbit (not an advertisement, I'm just a user).  Assuming you have a Fitbit device and its app, Fitbit will estimate your calories burned.  If you log your meals in the App, you will be able to see the deficits over time.  The thing I really like is how you can set a deficit goal, and the app will tell you where you are relative to that goal.

To lose a pound a week, create a 500 daily calorie deficit.  To lose two pounds a week, create a 1,000 daily calorie deficit.  This is based on the well-accepted theory that to lose a pound, you must create a 3,500 calorie deficit, independent of age, weight and gender.

Best Answer

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.calculators.org/health/weight-loss.php

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes