Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit food calorie count is high in food log

hi I am.finding the food log calorie / carbs intake a lot higher then it should be. There are numerous different amounts  just on quorn sausages alone. Why is the fitbit log so incorrect ?  I need it to be precise as I am on a liver shrinking diet and one wrong meal in my carbs intake risks my surgery going ahead. The liver sweals  quickly on even just one meal to high in carbs. Any ideas if the food search content  is going to be updated ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @mreed7773 - I cannot speak directly for Fitbit but I think it is safe to assume that their food database is not intended to be used as a medical reference for critical situations such as yours.  I imagine their User Agreement with you speaks to this limitation.  My suggestion is to consult with your medical professionals to obtain an appropriate reference.

Here are my best guesses as to the answers to your questions:

Why is the fitbit log so incorrect?  - I believe the items in the database come from many sources including individual users like you and me that enter in foods.  There can be no expectation of data accuracy for a database of this type.

Will the food search content be updated ?  I believe updates, particularly new items, are made to the database on an ongoing basis.  I'd be very surprised if the overall accuracy of the data changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes