Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to mange weight

There are many ways to lose a lot of weight fast. However, most of them will make me hungry and unsatisfied. If I don't have iron willpower, then hunger will cause me to give up on these plans quickly.

Please give some advice to manage my weight..........

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @naima01,

I'm sure you'll have lots of replies.

First, think of weight loss as a marathon, not a race. Make changes gradually, so you won't have rebound effects.

If you have a big appetite, I would recommend getting into resistance training with weights. It cuts the fat, and any added muscle will require a lot more calories.

Ideally, you'll meet in the middle somewhere--cutting calories modestly and increasing exercise or changing type of exercise.

The key is to listen to your body, and go the direction your body seems to respond to the best. For some people that's cutting a bunch of calories and exercising a little. For others (like me), it's adding a bunch of resistance training and cutting calories only a little bit.(I've actually had to increase calories to maintain weight).

Don't be afraid to experiment along the spectrum of calories-exercise, and I'm sure you'll find something that works. Best of luck.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@naima01 as a person who lost lots of weight fast I would recommend moderation in the weight loss. It makes easier to maintain it and less likely you are going to be hungryband crave for stuff. Like @WavyDavey said, listen to your body but don't let it trick you 🙂 I know how hard it may get. It took me long time to find out what works for me and probably will take you time. On my side:

- I exercise a lot. I like it, like to see the progress but another benefit is that exercising increases leptin production so it helps supress hunger. According to some studies, even compensating for the calories burnt during workout still may leave you in the deficit or maintenance ( I can't find link now to the research ).

- I eat when I feel I have to. Even at night. I found that it actually works for me. Late time snacking is just something what I do. Of course I am not grabbing huge kebab before sleep 🙂 I found snacking on carrots, pepper radish ( i love it! ) just satisfies me.

- Sometimes eating still leaves you craving for something. Have you ever had a feeling that you want to have something but you don't know exactly what? Sometimes I just grab small chocolate candy ( about 55kcal ) and suddenly problem is solved. I know. Not healthy etc. but sometimes "wasting" this 55kcal on junk food may stop you craving and help save lot more. Note that this is dangerous if you are lacking control and won't stop on one.

- I like volume of food. Simply I like to fill my stomach. Therefore, I make quite large meals but I keep calories at bay but adding lot more veggies, limiting fatty stuff ( but not avoiding it ). I almost don't do meat. Meat encapsulates huge amount of calories inside very small space. I end up with full plate of nutritious meal which still is around 500kcal. Remeber that you also eat with your eyes. Meal looking large may help. And eat slow.

- Avoid diet/light drinks and other products. Sweet flavour does weird things to your brain. If you taste sweet but no real sugar comes in then for the brain something is not quite right. It make cause more intense cravings. It does in my case. I am more likely to lose control when I am sipping a diet soda or eat anything labeled no-sugar.

Not sure what else. It is very individual thing to find out what works for you. It is a bumpy journey. Some advices will work for you, other won't. One thing I may add is do not turn your life to he all about weight control. This may actually backfire. Controlling weight should be something like driving manual car - you don't really think when to shift the geae, you just do it. One of the very missed points of dieting is not taking enough care about re-training your brain. Most of issues of self control, overeating ( or undereating ) and in general - eating problems start with brain. Lucky for us, we have huge capacity to learn and re-learn 🙂

Best Answer