Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for friends - 50s and female and getting fabulous!

Hi!  I'm looking for some friends for motivation and support.  I'm 51, female, and working on losing 30 lbs.  My A1c is pre-diabetic so I'm shedding some weight to try and get it under control. 

Anyone?

Best Answer
2,010 REPLIES 2,010

Hi!  I am 49 - turning 50 in October.  I have had Type 1 diabetes since I was 8.  I grabbed my fitbit to encourage me to walk more - especially during the day while I am in the office.  I sit most of the day.  This is my first day using the fitbit and it looks pretty exciting!

Best Answer

Hi, I am 54 (wow, really?) and just got my Fitbit about an hour ago.  Looking forward to losing some weight and getting more fit.  Diabetes is rampant in my family and my numbers are creeping ever closer.  Onward to better health!

Best Answer

Hi there.... I just turned 52 and would like to also lose 30 lbs. I recieved my fitbit as a birthday gift early this month and I love it. My problem is night time grazing. As soon as I hit the couch at night to watch tv, my cravings start. I would love some friends for fitbit support. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Your going to really love your fitbit. I think it has helped in getting me to excersise everyday cause I want to hit that 10,000 steps a day! Enjoy, and hope you like it!

Best Answer

Hello, I am a 56 years old and I love my FITBIT.  I can't believe how motivated I am since wearing this during my daily walks.  I am a type II diabetic and my doctor says I can manage this with exercise and healthy nutrition and portion controlling.  Stick with it "frauline_annie".  You can do it!!!!!  You mentioned that you need to lose 30 pounds.  I need to lose 60 lbs based on my doctor's recommendation.  We're going to do this!  Keep it going!!!!!  You're off to a great start.

Best Answer

If you are looking to join a group ranging in the 50 year age range, try this group...  (it is only 8 of us so far)

1958,59,60... Top 25% Achievers

Best Answer
Hey! ?Does Chrisinsa mean Chris in San Antonio? ?If so ... how COOL! ?I was born there in the Nicks hospital!! ?Hot sauce freak too! ?LOL

Glad to be working with people who have the same goals and desires as me! ?Move more, lose a little weight....ALL good! ?Woohoo!!

Judy
Best Answer
Hi Karen! ?Would love to help with this! ?More protein at dinner works wonders!! ?If you have trouble eating meat like me - protein shakes work wonders. ?Also - Target popcorn! ?My STAPLE for nighttime snacking. ?Not very many calories - delicious - and filling too! ?Let's encourage each other to reduce the nighttime snacking! ?

Glad to meet you!!

Judy K.
Best Answer
Karen,

I hit 15,000 steps today and Fitbit told me I was an over achiever! ?LOL ?It was because we shop on Saturday plus I did a 5K run that benefit Children's medical hospital. ?That will not happen Monday through Friday though! ?LOL

Judy
Best Answer

Yes, it does but ooh the food here has really packed on the pounds.  Only five years and __ won't say how many pounds. 

Learning to love the hot sauce, it's the chips that get me everytime.

Best Answer

Hi - I'd love to join you on this journey!  I'm 51 and need to lose 20-25 pounds.  I just got my fitbit yesterday, but so far it's been lots of fun and very motivating.  Good luck!

Best Answer

Hi Judy_K        Thanks for the tips! I am trying to get more protein at supper time. My husband is also watching what he eats and we have been making alot of chicken. For lunch I put it in my salads too. Popcorn.... funny You said that because I just bought some. I also am not a great plain water drinker, so what I did was buy unsweetened ice tea, not diet. Its has nothing in it, so starting tomorrow at work, I am going to drink that.  I dont have any problems hitting my steps each day. I work with 4 and 5 year olds and its alot of running around. Smiley Happy  I also started going to the gym during the week. Love the fitbit, gets you motivated! Thanks again for the tips! Would love to support one another! Keep in touch!

Best Answer

Hi Judy_K

Good for you on hitting your steps! Hope you had fun shopping. Keep moving!

Best Answer

Hey if anyone is still looking for over 50 female friends trying to lose, friend me!!

Best Answer

Congrats Judy on hitting that many steps. Hope you had fun shopping! Isn't it funny, I love it when my fitbit buzzes when I hit the 10,000 steps. Little amusement, but def. motivation. Keep going!

Best Answer

Hi Hartattack!  Please join in on the journey... I think the fitbit is movitating too. Lets all support one another. I know I need a kick in the can once in awhile. Need to be kepted on track. Summer is right around the corner.

Best Answer

I will be 52 in May, hard to believe! I just had my lipid profile done last week and my #'s are way high.  So, my family dr. wants me on statins. I need to lose about 25-30 #'s, so I am in the same boat as most of you. I have had my fitbit since oct., but computer was down for about 2 months, and didn't get to track my steps, or log anything. As of today, I am back on to logging all my food, and activity on here, and want to be part of the group to keep me motivated. Lets do it!

Best Answer

I just turned 50 in November, and am also prediabetic.  I am trying to control it with diet and exercise.  Now that the weather is getting nicer, I plan on getting outside to walk more.  (Live near Chicago)

Feel free to friend me!

Anne

Best Answer

would love to join the group.  I'll be 50 in October and trying to lose about 20 pounds.  Would love the motivation of other women. 

Best Answer