Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for friends - 50s and female and getting fabulous!

Hi!  I'm looking for some friends for motivation and support.  I'm 51, female, and working on losing 30 lbs.  My A1c is pre-diabetic so I'm shedding some weight to try and get it under control. 

Anyone?

Best Answer
2,010 REPLIES 2,010

Good morning,  I started with FitBit after Christmas but am now really figuring out how to utilize.  I am 53 and had pre-diabetic diagnosis at  doctor appointment 4 months ago (mom is diabetic).  Was told to lose about 25 pounds.  But realistically need to lose about 40 - I am down 15 and off blood pressure meds, but it is a long road - I exercise every morning with T25 DVD's and walk at lunch.  I would love to join the group for a little encouragement Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I need help with my fitbit wrist band how does it track your steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to have you here. ?I am quite addicted to my Fitbit - look at it several times during the day to see how I am doing! ?Welcome!
Best Answer

Keeper,

The actual rubber wrist band does nothing.  It is the grey tracker that fits inside the band that does the tracking.  When you receive your package, it is nestled inside the large band.  Take it out and put it into the small one if this is the band you are using.  Also - be sure to charge your tracker fully - until all 5 lights flash - by using the usb cord that plugs into your computer.  Let me know if you still have questions!

Judy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I am 58.  My daughter and her boyfriend and I all got our fitbits this weekend.  I am just getting started.  I am recovering from surgery for an acoustic neuroma in the right side of my brain.  I lost the hearing in my right ear and it was on my balance nerve.  So, I now need to get my balance back, and also get some weight off.  I just found this group and have not had time yet to read any of the posts.  But, I will, and am looking forward to meeting others also trying to get fit.  Good luck to all of us.

Best Answer

Hi Judy, I saw this post about tomato spinach soup.  Do you have that recipe?  I am also a WW member and doing well for the last 2 months.  Any recipes you have would be great.  I have a long way to go, but I will make it there.  Thanks  Lori

Best Answer
You will definitely make it and I will help you all that I can! ?Here is the YUMMY recipe!!

Ingredients
? 10 oz fresh spinach, baby leaves ??
? 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), chopped ??
? 2 rib(s) (medium) uncooked celery, chopped ??
? 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped ??
1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced ??
? 4 cup(s) reduced sodium vegetable broth ??
? 28 oz canned diced tomatoes ??
2 leaf/leaves bay leaf ??
1 Tbsp dried basil ??
1 tsp dried oregano ??
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed ??
Instructions
* Place all ingredients in a slow cooker; stir, cover and cook on high power for 5 hours. Remove bay leaves, stir and serve. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Best Answer
So glad to have a new member! ?Welcome! ?Seems at our age we have ALL been through medical challenges - some more difficult than others - but we will ALL make it girlfriend! ?Keep in touch and post often! ?Would love to help in any way that I can!

Judy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Karen.....get yourself back to TOPS young lady!  You did it once, you can do it again.  I will never quit TOPS because I need to be accountable (plus I am Chapter Leader, and the members wouldn't let me quit).....but seriously, I would gain back the 40 pounds I've lost (and then some).  I love the support I get from my ladies!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Judy!? Have a great day!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This tomato soup recipe sounds great.  I think I will make a batch this weekend.  Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

Hi I just turned 59 two months ago and have almost 50 lbs to lose. Recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol.  This condition runs in my family but it is also my lifestyle that I need to change. I am sedentary and started using fitbit yesterday. Accidently washed it in the washing machine and its does not keep the charge.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
When you plug it into the USB on your computer, does it charge back up like it should??
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I am new here and just learning my way around. I am 58 and need to lose 26 lbs. I have had my fitbit 2 weeks. I am averaging 13000-15000 steps a day. I walk in the morning and then go to work early and walk before work and on each of my breaks. I walk with a coworker. I am excited to be here and join in this community and get to know you all.

Best Answer
Welcome Kim. I am also new. Just began with fitbit @ 10 days ago. It is a great way to meet friends. I just love it. Lori
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Kim. ?Nice to have you here! ?You are kicking my tail on the steps girl - I get maybe 10K-12K on the weekends. ?Weekdays are my downfall! ?I am taking the stairs but still need to move a bit more!! ?You are inspiring!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Cindy

The group I belonged to got way to gossipy..I just never bothered to look for another chapter in my area..I did enjoy the contests and the walking we did together.  Ive got my head set in the right direction and I think (no I know) I can do it again. If you see me falling,  kick start me please..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Judy.  I am lucky that I can walk at work during my breaks.  I work at an airport and just walk the airport and on my feet most of the day.  I don't do alot of stairs.  Keep at it, you can do it.Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

i've had my fitbit for a couple of weeks and am really wanting to use it to aid in weight loss.  i need to lose about 40 lbs.  Is there a group for those of us who are over 60?

Thanks,

jackieinwa

Best Answer
Yeah I have anxiety, autism and depression and I usually stay inside all day because of those things but since I got the fitbit I've been walking and I haven't walked in years!
Best Answer
0 Votes