Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major pig out

ANSWERED

blew right through my calories for the day plus another 985.  What do you guys do to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Setbacks happen. What’s done is done, you need to move on and get back on track. One bad day cannot ruin your weekly progress if all other six days are spot on, just like one perfect day cannot rescue six days of sloppy eating.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Setbacks happen. What’s done is done, you need to move on and get back on track. One bad day cannot ruin your weekly progress if all other six days are spot on, just like one perfect day cannot rescue six days of sloppy eating.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

If it is something that only happens every now and then, I shrug it off and move on. If it's something that is happening frequently, I take the time to identify why it is happening (e.g. Am I too hungry through out the day? Is it specific foods that are causing me to go over?) Once I identify the problem, I modify my plan and focus on getting back on track. Every one has a bad day from time to time where we over do it and completely blow our calories. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it is something that is happening frequently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with @Dominique and @Malme84 - very good advice there. 

Sometimes we'll go to a party and eat more than usual. Or, we'll go out to a restaurant and have a heavier dinner. It happens and it's perfectly normal. The key is to stay in control of the food that you eat. If you are going to eat extra calories at a party, for example, go for it and enjoy. If you are eating according to your plan on most days, the few days of extra calories here and there won't hinder your progress. 

Just recently I went to two birthday parties. I decided that I will eat freely, without worrying about calories at both events. Because I am losing weight right now and already at a large daily caloric deficit, I didn't bother to cut down on my meals prior to the parties. Had I been maintaining weight, I would have had lighter meals a few days prior to the parties and a few days after.

As long as you are in control of your eating, having extra food once in a while is not a problem. Problems arise when we begin to eat without the ability to stop or when overeating becomes a habit. 

Best Answer

First thing...Forgive yourself and forget! Second, keep "riding the horse". You are riding, sometimes fast, others slow and can fall. Get back on the horse... Third: Take time to breath, listen to your body and not to your mind. Sometimes we tend to eat because we "think" is the right thing to do, when our bodies are telling us something else, like: "need a nap", "need water", "need rest". Silence is required to be able to LISTEN to your body or others. Mindfulness is something like being here, and in the moment. Good luck to you.

Good day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

First thing...Forgive yourself and forget! Second, keep "riding the horse". You are riding, sometimes fast, others slow and can fall. Get back on the horse... Third: Take time to breath, listen to your body and not to your mind. Sometimes we tend to eat because we "think" is the right thing to do, when our bodies are telling us something else, like: "need a nap", "need water", "need rest". Silence is required to be able to LISTEN to your body or others. Mindfulness is something like being here, and in the moment.  BTW, have you considered a user name change? "major pig" sounds a little harsh. 

Good luck to you and good day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

thats not my username

Best Answer

Here is  poem that I put in my bathroom...

NEVER QUIT

If you stumble

GET BACK UP.

What happened yesterday

no longer matters.

TODAY IS ANOTHER  DAY

Get back on rack

and mover closer to your

dreams and goals.

YOU CAN DO IT!

I already read all of these opinions and all I can say is "you can do it."

Best Answer