Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new, 40 lbs to lose. I need fitbit friends! :)

Hi, everyone,
I am new and need (WILL!) lose 40 lbs by the end of the year. I just started seeing a trainer and am so excited to finally be seriously and consistently working toward my goal!

A couple questions, if you don't mind:

How do I know which number to shoot for under "calories burned" in order to lose 2 lbs/week?
How do I find and add friends who have the same type of goals?

Thank you!

lilly
Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hi! Welcome! I have a similar goal, trying to lost 21 by the end of the year. I would be happy to be your friend through this!

As for the calories you need to burn, if you go to the food log, you can set your "deficit" calories. I think to lose 2 lbs. a week, you need to average out to -1000 in calories vs. out. You might need to adjust as you go along. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to be your friend!  I have about the same to lose :).  Loving my fitbit so far!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's a wrench in your plans, maybe. I lost 30 lbs between July and February. Cardiologist and family doctors both asked if I could lose 10 lbs and I said, "Don't waste your breath. It ain't gonna happen."  Didn't get my Fitbit Flex until late January, 2014. So, you see...it wasn't the exercise from walking...which I do now. It wasn't from watching calories IN and Calories OUT. It was about what you eat. I kind of followed the Dr. Joel Furhman food plan. (PBS TV shill?] I dropped sugar and sodium as much as I could (stopped OJ and do oranges, instead; cut out 2 gallons of Fat Free milk a week and now drink a bit more than a quart a week; ice cream and TastyKakes no longer reside at my house - ok, RARELY do I have these...after all I was 71 and my niece made me a chocolate cake and I had ice cream with it - I am NOT an ascetic! I eat all the fresh fruit I want.). But, I believe the proof is there...salads for lunch - Big Salads - with nuts (oh, god...calories!). I switched to No Salt Added canned vegetables...yes, I watch all the Nutrition labels. I became wiser. And, I wasn't craving, amazingly, the desserts, etc.  I even do Crock-Pot dinners...but, moderation helps. Ok. I blew THAT horn long enough. Agreed, the walking keeps me defended against any over-indulgences I may fall prey to during the course of being at the food trough throughout the day. The doctor's book - Eat to Live - also available as a NOOK ebook from my local public library. Why kill ourselves...meant in more ways than one. Castigate me not. Last night I had a burger and fries at Famous Daves...think THAT's healthy (burger was over 1M calories!)? If you did a Sunday brunch with me you would wonder...how are his pants falling off his rear end, he eats like a pig. Yes...sometimes...lunch might be 2 grilled provolone sandwiches on sourdough with fries..but I return to the fold the next day...2 feet in 1 shoe, so to speak. salads almost every lunch. Dinners? That would be another hundred words...and, you may have not gotten this far [reading, that is]...Joe   Hope I didn't rustle anyone's feathers.

Best Answer

Hi, I want to lose 40 lbs also! Just sent a friend request

Best Answer

I'd love to be a friend. I want to lose over 60lbs and I have a goal to achieve this by my birthday next year ( the big 50). I need support too.

Maureen

Best Answer

I have a goal to lose 60 by April next year. I doing the slow but sure rate of loss because I have found that ging the extreme 2 lbs a week just made me feel defeated. I was keeping in the calorie range set and still not losing 2 lbs a week so it just made me mad. I figured that the days. weeks. months are going to come regardless of my weight loss so I might as well go the slow and steady way.Adjustments can always be made.

Best Answer
0 Votes

glad to know I'm not alone in trying to lose at least 4o lbs....seems it goes on alot easier than coming off.  I have been going to weight watchers for the past month....and so far have only lost 5 lbs...but I have been going to aquafit at least 3x week for the same time period....I feel better and can see some difference in my body but the lbs aren't coming off.  Just bought the fitbit flex so I'm hoping the incentive of steps etc will help.  I would welcome any friends etc.  I think I have a couple of extra barriers to my weight loss in that I'm 65 now and still work shift work...so my body is often wondering what the heck I have done with it.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all -

I have lost over 150 lbs. so far and want to lose about another 25-30 lbs. I totally understand and would love to friend others to help reach your goals as well as help reach my own before my 55th birthday.

Best Answer

I can't believe that I am writing that I have 60 lbs to loose.  This is the first time that I have admitted it.  I need all the help I can get and will give all the help that I can give.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
We can do this!!
Best Answer

Really loving this fitbit stuff teamed up with my aria scale. I just switched around my diet to a much less severe way of eating. I had no idea until I started logging everything with fitbit that my cals were averaging 500/day, fat 10, carb 20, pro 80. So Im expecting a rise on the scale but Im sticking to low carb but raising thou calories!! Happy Tuesday everyone.............lets do this Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hey I am in the same boat looking to lose 50lbs by end of the year or sooner 🙂 i'm also new to fitbit looking for some healthy competition and motivation. Any extra tips whould  be helpful...Happy Losing 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI.  I am new to the fitbit community and am looking for other people with similar goals. I want to lose 2lbs a week, for a total of 50 lbs.

I would love to be your fitbit friend.

Best Answer

Hi 

I've about 40lb to loose as well, and have dropped 5lb over the last couple of weeks, just upping my exercise and tracking my food. I love my FitBit as it keeps me motivated; always trying to better myself and beat the previous week's steps etc. 

Would love to link up with others with similar goals. Friend request sent Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I also have about 50 lbs. to loose as well.  Feel free to friend me, I think the competition will help me also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I'm looking for friends too!!  I'm new.. have quite a bit more to lose than most of you (100+), but would be happy just to get myself in "onederland" as a one year goal.. That would be about 60 lbs.  So, some of you you can expect a friend request from me!  Looking forward to getting to know you..

P.S.  I'm 57 and live in Galena, Illinois - 3 hrs northwest of Chicago near the Mississippi river where Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois meet.  I'm so-o-o-o looking to spring and summer!!

Judy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would be happy to be friends with you.  I too had a 60 lb weight-loss goal when I started March 3.  I've lost 10 so far with diet (Engine2 Diet) and exercise.  I'm loving my fitbit and am enjoying the challenge of walking/running along side my fitbit friends.  My url is: url: //www.fitbit.com/user/2DVVV4  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Feel free to add me i'm also on My fitness pal (Aubsy 07) looking for some healthy motivation and some firends who share similiar goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My name is Gerry.

I am trying to lose 78lbs (in order to get to 200).

Or, maybe less, if I gain muscle and hit a 10 bf level above 200lbs.

Either way, I would love to have more fitbit friends.  I think competition and comraderie is great.

Best Answer
0 Votes