Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new, 40 lbs to lose. I need fitbit friends! :)

Hi, everyone,
I am new and need (WILL!) lose 40 lbs by the end of the year. I just started seeing a trainer and am so excited to finally be seriously and consistently working toward my goal!

A couple questions, if you don't mind:

How do I know which number to shoot for under "calories burned" in order to lose 2 lbs/week?
How do I find and add friends who have the same type of goals?

Thank you!

lilly
Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52
I would enjoy being fit bit buddies! I need all the help I can get.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am brand new too!  just got my fit bit 1 and my goal is to lose 40lbs!  I do T25 in the morning and have just joined a ladies only gym to do cardio ad circut 3-4 times a week 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the community!  You will find much support here!  I myself lost 130 pounds a few years ago, maintaned it, then dropped my last 20 within the last 6 months.  😃  LOVING the health!

Best Answer

It nice to have a support group out there who is also trying to lose 40lbs or more, I am trying to lose 60lbs I have no deadline. Tried many weight loss ideas in the past, this time just trying to eat healthier and excercise, the fitbit is nice to help me stay on track with how much I excercise and what I eat.When you put down what you eat it certainly makes you realize what  you are really eating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So nice to have so much support here! My flrst short-term goal is to lose 10 lbs by Mother's Day. The one problem area I struggle with is tracking food in the evenings and on the weekends. I do great during the day, but have a hard time being consistent other times of the day.

Best Answer

Looking for friends as well....hoping to lose 100 pounds...on my way

Best Answer
  • I also have trouble on weekends, the weekdays are easier because I am at work and don't have the temptations of what is in the fridge. I am doing better since using the fitbit food log, it makes me aware of what I am eating and how many calories I am taking in- but I still fall off the wagon at times. But I realized I just have to move on and  not beat myself up for it as long as I get back to eating healthly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lilly,

Welcome!  Feel free to friend me.  Like you, I have about 45-50 lbs to lose and I would like to accomplish it by January 2015.  2 lbs a week, I know for me is very unrealistic and I do much better with 1 lb per week.  The last time, I lost weight, I lost 65 lbs with only diet and exercise in 18 months and I did keep it off for over 2 years and then I returned to school for my graduate degree.  If you decrease your calorie intake by 500 calories a day, it will give you 3500 calories in one week, which equals one pound loss per week.  If you would like to lose 2 lbs, you would decrease your intake in calories by 1000 a day.  We are here to motivate each other and I know with each other's assistance and encouragement, we will accomplish it!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried using Lose It!  It is an app that does sync with fit bit! I don't have to add my food and calorie intake on the Dashboard!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to lose around 40 pounds too! I don't have a deadline, it's my long-term goal. I'm hoping to get there before the end of the year, but I'm still pretty happy I got my buns off the couch. At 5'5" I realized that I maxed myself out. It is physically impossible for me to be any lazier and (for me) to eat anymore than I do. Decided I needed to change my life and got a fitbit. I haven't even had it a week, but I am loving the stats. They really keep me motivated, unfortunately I have no friends with a fitbit. I think the friendly competition and support would be great. I'll be sending requests. 🙂 

Great job so far ladies! Small, positive changes. 

Best Answer
Hi I'm kelsi! I was in the same boat as you. I wanted to lose about 2 pounds a week and it is not easy. In january I decided to make a change in my life. It is not April and I have lost 29 pounds. As for being under, i always am. It is mainly because i workout so much but to stay on track i have a cheat meal once a week. Good luck with your journey!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

i have lost around 65 Pounds using Myfitnesspal and recently switched to the Fitbit. still have about 30 Pounds i like to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have and continue to my fitness pal for weightloss.

I have lost over 40 pounds thus far and need to lose another 30 which I am struggling with. Looking for motivation from others. So add me and keep those steps up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there fellow Fitbiters, I am a mother of 6 children and i dont feel very healthy, so want to loose at least 50 pounds. would love to add you to my friends on fitbit, send me your email. have a awesome fir week.    lucia

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there Gerry, send me your email and i will add you on my fitbit list and we can be losers together. lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will add you today. Thanks . I am in Brampton Ontario . Canada, where r you living??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Jessi1971-

How are you getting 80% protein!? I'm a vegetarian, but even with eggs, nuts, and beans I struggle to get 20-30%!

But,  back to the topic at hand- I am on the harder meal plan, and I have lost about 20-25lbs since the beginning of April and will finish my other 48lb goal should be done by mid-October! Make sure you add me! I'd love to have people to encourage me as well as compete with!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I need a friend. I'm new not been adding foods etc so far but would like to drop 17/18 lbs. Got a PT but feel I need that extra push at hone also.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also on a weight loss journey I have a health coach helping me along the way but I am going to lose 21 pounds  by the end of summer!!  good luck on your journey!!  🙂

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes