Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new, 40 lbs to lose. I need fitbit friends! :)

Hi, everyone,
I am new and need (WILL!) lose 40 lbs by the end of the year. I just started seeing a trainer and am so excited to finally be seriously and consistently working toward my goal!

A couple questions, if you don't mind:

How do I know which number to shoot for under "calories burned" in order to lose 2 lbs/week?
How do I find and add friends who have the same type of goals?

Thank you!

lilly
Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

please request me!! 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm working on losing at least 40 pounds by November and seeing a trainer as well!  Send a friend request! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there an easy way to send a friend request on here when I get a reply because I can't find it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Click on the person's name and go to their fitbit profile.  On the top (next to the photo), there is an add friend button.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I also need to lose 40lbs, writing it down scares me silly! I'm new to fitbit but I am loving it and hoping it will help me to increase my activity.

Add me to help keep me motivated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG, OMG I cannot believe I am not alone!!!! I have about 43-50 pounds to lose to get to my personal goal! Please send friend requests as I am new to fitbit and have tons of questions. I don't understand calories in vs calories out. Can someone explain that to me please? I also don't understand the calorie tracker. I have a fitbit one and when I get home it says I burned close to 1500 calories. I am confused here....This is where I get lost. If I am on a 2000 calorie plan and I burn 1500 calories, how many calories am I allowed to have? HELP!!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to lose 60-80 lbs by December and I also need friends for a friendly competition! Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar to everyone on this board, I would like to lose at least 30 lbs by the end of this year. If I could lose 55 lbs I'd be at my goal weight! So bring on the competition and friendly tips! I'll accept any friend requests 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've lost 78 so far and shooting for an additional 20-25 more by the end of Sepetmber.  Don't give up on yourself and think of it as long term.  My friend, a fitness guru, told me at the start to think of this as a marathon versus a sprint!  Goals are there to be attained after lots of hard work, not quickly earned and forgotten.

A tip:  Develop a rewards plan for yourself for hitting weight milestones (first 10 punds, then the next 10 pounds, then 15, and then the last 5 [always the hardest!]).  You'll be surprised how effective it is!

Friend me if you'd like! 🙂

My Story: http://tinyurl.com/nw93fqq

Friend away - let's keep that motivation!
Best Answer

Use the fitBit food log daily.  Log everything that you eat.  I started with a visit to my cardiologists nutritionist.  Use the following guidelines:

- Breakfast @ 300 calories

- Mid morning snack @ 150 - 200 calories.

- Lunch @ 500 calories

- Afternoon snack @ 150 - 200 calories

- Dinner @ 600 calories.

Limit yourself to 1800 calories, 50 fat grams, 40 grams fiber and 56 - 120 grams protien.

I started this eating concept four years ago and went from 225 to 175 pounds in about 9 months.  I maintain arount 175 to 180 pounds by consuming on the average 2200 calories per day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!! Add me!!  I just got my fit bit last week and I am still learning the tricks on here.  I would like new friends to help keep me motivated.   I need to lose about 40lbs too.  Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Needing to lose 40 pounds after hysterectomy, and five kids and now in my thirties

Best Answer
0 Votes

feel free to add me, im new to FB and trying to lose about 20-30 lbs!

Best Answer
0 Votes