Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Fat Flux" - how we gain and lose body fat

I just found How to make a fat cell less not thin - the lessons of fat flux by Peter Attia, which is an in-depth discussion of how we store and metabolize fat, both dietary and adipose. 

As soon as I think I have something figured out, I read an article like this and realize:  I ain't got that thing I thought I had figured out figured out.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

When it comes to gaining/losing body fat, I try to keep it simple. I rely on the lame "conventional wisdom": if you are in a caloric deficit, you will lose body fat, regardless of what diet you follow, what times you eat and do not eat etc. The reverse is true: when you are in a caloric surplus, you will gain fat.

I’ve also seen it working everytime. I’m in week 7/12 of my current weight loss phase and I’ve lost about 3 kg (from 64 to 61 kg):

2018-07-18_2340.png

During that time, my BF % (as estimated by the Fitbit Aria) has been coming down (from 17.5% to about 15%):

2018-07-18_2339.png

I expect to further lose another 2-3 kg (down to 58-59 kg), and I suspect (or at least hope) BF% will come down to about 13%. I don’t care how fatty acids are being esterified, all I want is my love handles to shrink Smiley LOL. So instead of trying to "crack the fat loss code", I just focus on undereating in a smart way, which is much easier.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here,

I liked the part near the end where he states a HCLF diet is best.

Best Answer
0 Votes