Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Relaxed" Approach

I'm really going to take it easy on myself and take a "relaxed" approach to weight loss. By that i mean 0.5 loss goal for a whole week goal, Usually I'm jumping in and getting a 2lb a week loss and then slipping back in to old habits and gaining 3 Well, I'm just gonna take it easy my friends. I us " because its hard work losing and being healthy so there really isn't a "relaxed" approach. BUT this is what I MEAN: Logging My Food, cutting 250 out of my caloric needs (If I do better, smashing, great!) drinking more water, and hitting my exercise goals/steps while eating fruits and veggies. Am I about to go to SONIC for dinner, yes! BUT I did all of these things today. SO I'M DIGGING MY "RELAXED" APPROACH TO WEIGHT LOSS. I've lost weight before and I'm starting to realize it's not a race but a lifetime of healthy choices balanced with treating yourself.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? LETS STAY POSITIVE AND ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

.2 to .5  Is a great weight loss per week.

But why set a goal to lose that? Setting goals like this always ends in fail. Set a goal that say I will lose this week doesn't matter how much. I can do this!

Not I will. I CAN!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

if that works for you I think it is a great way for you to stay on track and improve your overall health. I think where most people fail is the diet aspect of losing weight. diets have a start and end. when you start its great and exciting, things get a bit complicated in the middle, which inevitably brings us to the end (good or bad). Very few people are prepared for what happens at the end. if you didn't lose, what happens next, if you did lose, how do you keep it off.. round and round. Choosing a lifestyle that is rooted in good choices, staying active, finding mental and emotional balance.. that is when magic happens. Good luck in your journey, let us know how you are doing time to time.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer