Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"in the zone" vs "under budget". I don't understand!

I'm still confused about how the whole "in the zone" and "under budget" thing works. I set it to for losing 1.5 lbs per week. I have been "in the zone" once this week and "under budget" the rest of the time. I just don't fully understand it. Help please!

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

In looking back at my last week, I am consistently around 500 calories under budget (I have my budget set for max weightloss as I have a lot to lose). My problem is that I am pretty much forcing myself to eat at times when I normally wouldn't ALREADY.  For instance, I have never been a "breakfast" eater, so I'm eating toast with peanut butter in the mornings now.

But because I'm making much healthier choices, I'm eating far fewer calories than normal but still eating until I'm full.

How do y'all add "good" calories to meet your budget without going so far under every day?  I mean, I am totally down with eating a handful of Oreos every night, but I have the feeling that might not be helpful! 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Eeyore9990 wrote:

In looking back at my last week, I am consistently around 500 calories under budget (I have my budget set for max weightloss as I have a lot to lose). My problem is that I am pretty much forcing myself to eat at times when I normally wouldn't ALREADY.  For instance, I have never been a "breakfast" eater, so I'm eating toast with peanut butter in the mornings now.

But because I'm making much healthier choices, I'm eating far fewer calories than normal but still eating until I'm full.

How do y'all add "good" calories to meet your budget without going so far under every day?  I mean, I am totally down with eating a handful of Oreos every night, but I have the feeling that might not be helpful! 😁

Don't eat low or non-fat anything - fat is needed as long as it doesn't push out protein needs.

There are some fatty vegetables too, and more calorie dense food - serving peanut butter for instance.

And if you got all your nutritional needs with current foods, and have room in calories for some oreos every night - go for it.

It's not going to ruin the weight loss if you still have a deficit.

It could make you very hungry though and cause you to eat more.

It could make it much easier knowing you have that treat coming up.

Depends on you.

But too big of a caloric deficiency is just as bad as a mineral or vitamin deficiency - what would you do in that case if you knew it?

And probably want to not label "good" or "bad" unless you have a medical reason for, in which case it's good or bad for you - like milk if lactose intolerant.

Usually labeling foods is moving in direction of having bad relationship with food, wanting or liking so called "bad" foods which are really nothing more than nutrient light or empty - but if you got the calories and nutrients in already and no negative effects on adherence - who cares!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can on,y have 800 calories? I’m so sorry 😐 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No under budget is not a bad thing it just means you have eaten less calories then you are allotted for the day.  Meaning if you want a snake you can see how many calories you have left till you are in the zone.  Over budget is the only one that will hurt your weight loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes