Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should you weigh in with clothes on or without

ANSWERED

When I weigh myself with my clothes on (and shoes) my weight is higher sometimes by a couple of pounds. So, should you weigh yourself with or without your clothes and shoes on?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

It doesn't really matter what you weight yourself in as long the clothes you wear are approx the same and you weight in at approx the same time. Your weight will be consistant then. I prefer to weight myself first thing just as I about to take a shower. Weight fluctuated during the day and I can be 2kg heavier at night.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

I weigh twice a day, before I go to bed and first thing in the morning. I fined I weigh the lest first thing in the morning.  I always weigh without clothing on. Norm

@mrsgolfie wrote:
Always about a 2 pound difference from am to bedtime, so as long as a person weighs themselves at same time shouldn't matter. Just more encouraging if I do it in AM. Lol

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

To get a truer comparison, weighing naked is probably better.  You also are better if you weigh yourself at the same time of day every time as weight fluctuates throughout the day.  

Think about this... if I weigh myself in my running pants, shirt and shoes, they weigh more or less than my dress slacks, shirt and dress shoes.  On top of that, I have different weight pants and shirts, so that also can vary it.  This problem doesn't exist if I'm naked.

Best Answer

It doesn't really matter what you weight yourself in as long the clothes you wear are approx the same and you weight in at approx the same time. Your weight will be consistant then. I prefer to weight myself first thing just as I about to take a shower. Weight fluctuated during the day and I can be 2kg heavier at night.

Best Answer
Always about a 2 pound difference from am to bedtime, so as long as a person weighs themselves at same time shouldn't matter. Just more encouraging if I do it in AM. Lol
Best Answer

Weigh naked in the morning before you eat or drink or bathe and after going to the toilet. This will give you a consistent baseline.

Best Answer

@EmJay wrote:

Weigh naked in the morning before you eat or drink or bathe and after going to the toilet. This will give you a consistent baseline.

This. I realize if someone is getting weighed at a doctors office or a weigh in (i.e. weight watchers or a wrestling match, etc) it is different. If for some reason this a a weigh in elsewhere, try to wear the same clothes to make it as consistent as possible week to week. Weight fluctuates to see progress you want to be as consistent as possible in how/when/what conditions you weigh. 

Sam | USA

Fitbit One, Macintosh, IOS

Accepting solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody’s Fitbit experience.

Best Answer

It's best to weigh yourself with the same clothing and materials on each week's official weigh in. Your clothes differ per day. You can do a comparison if you weigh a light set of clothes (Office Dress Clothes) and a casual set of clothes (Jeans and Polos).

You'll find Jeans and Polos weigh +1 or +2 pounds more than Office Dress Clothes if you weigh them on the same scale.

Best Answer

I weigh twice a day, before I go to bed and first thing in the morning. I fined I weigh the lest first thing in the morning.  I always weigh without clothing on. Norm

@mrsgolfie wrote:

Best Answer

I weigh myself in the morning with my clothes and shoes on and in the evening I weigh myself with nothing on.So it always looks like I'm loosing weight. Works better in the winter.

Loose Parts, from the Land of the free and home of the brave.
Best Answer

Thanks for the advise. I think that is what I will do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have changed my routine I weigh my self twice both time with clothes on one in the morning after my first dump and second time mid afternoon this helps me keep check on my intake.
Best Answer
0 Votes

always  waigh myself  first thing in the morning  in my night clothes. as long as your wearing the same clothes  you will see if your waight has changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Naked, clothes vary in weight.  But keep in mind that your weight at the doctor will be higher.  They frown on stripping in the hallway where they keep the scale.  Man Surprised

Best Answer
0 Votes

From zero hour to official weigh in at the doctors or dietitian facility, your weight will change based on how much you have exercised before the weigh in, how much cardio you have performed to shred it, and how much you have consumed from zero to weigh in.

Sometimes I gained 3 pounds from drinking whey protein and intra workout formula and ate anything along the way like an Apple Fritter when I was addicted. No Food, 32 ounces of water, used the bathroom and shredded out, I sometimes lost up to 1 pound from zero to weigh in.

Best Answer
0 Votes