Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

struggling with my weight loss

I've been struggling with my weight since i was young, i'm have low self esteem and can't look myself on the mirror. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the community, @mrshaun111 ! Weight management can be challenging in today’s environment (talking about rich countries): so many opportunities to (over)eat and spend our time (both at work and at home) without hardly moving. You’re not alone struggling. Your new Fitbit can help you in becoming more active, in keeping track of your eating, as well as with many other aspects that affect weight (e.g. sleep).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks man

Best Answer
0 Votes

Though weight loss is a very common goal, many people actually want to gain weight.

Typically, those who want to gain weight should focus on gaining muscle. It’s usually healthier to gain most of your weight as muscle rather than fat.

While food and exercise are most important for gaining muscle, supplements may also help by providing calories and protein or by allowing you to exercise harder.

Here are the supplements that may help you gain muscle.

Creatine is one of the most-researched supplements and when taken as a supplement, the creatine content in your muscles can increase beyond normal levels.

Creatine is the best supplement for muscle and weight gain. Hence it can help improve exercise performance and muscle gain over time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry you feel that way, @mrshaun111, but I hope you will find, like I have, that your Fitbit will help you to better understand your body and what it needs.

If you feel you need to lose weight, start off slowly and gently... gradually decrease your calories and increase your exercise.  Set your Fitbit to the easiest weightloss goal that I think takes 18 months to achieve then log everything that goes into your mouth.  Aim to be either on target (in the green) or below (shows up as blue) for calories especially, but liquid too if possible in the Fitbit app and aim to walk a short distance 3 days a week.  Do that for a month but do not weigh yourself yet.  At the end of the month, increase the distance ever so slightly for the same 3 days.

I'm not saying to walk for miles, just set your daily steps target to be 2500 steps a day for each of those 3 days that you exercise.  I live in a mid-terrace house and we have a dog so my motivation is to walk her every morning from Friday afternoon to Monday morning inclusive (she's getting vet treatment every day during the week) and only between each of my neighbours front doors.  When we first got her 9.5 years ago I could only do that twice each day, but I've gradually increased it to 13 times a day since then.  It's short and flat but I know I can do it alone.

Find something like that for you and don't expect too much too soon.  We're re-educating ourselves and it's taken literally years to get to the weight we are, it's not realistic to expect to lose it quickly because it just won't stay off and we'll go back to our bad habits as soon as we've lost enough weight and put it all back on and then some.

We can do this together, @mrshaun111 - just keep on keeping on and we can both encourage and support each other if you like?

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mrshaun111 

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. We are here to support you. 

Are you struggling with healthy eating and/or exercise?

Consistency and patience are key to a successful journey.

Your Fitbit can be a great tool. Tracking food and calories burned will help you discover areas that could use some tweaking to improve your weight loss results. 

Best Answer
0 Votes