Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can I set my flex to sedentary?

ANSWERED

I cannot find where in the settings that I set my flex to "sedentary" vs "very active". Does anyone know where to find this setting?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

in your food log, in the box that says Food Plan there is a little blue wheel to the right, hover over the blue wheel (blue wheels are always settings)

I keep mine set to personalized but that is because I don't do any other activities besides steps. If you do enter other activities like yoga, weight lifting, etc, then set it to sedentary and enter them separately.

Inga

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

in your food log, in the box that says Food Plan there is a little blue wheel to the right, hover over the blue wheel (blue wheels are always settings)

I keep mine set to personalized but that is because I don't do any other activities besides steps. If you do enter other activities like yoga, weight lifting, etc, then set it to sedentary and enter them separately.

Inga
Best Answer

Thank you so much Inga. I also do swimming so I add that to my activities, but I am rather sedentary except when I exercise in the aftenoon/evening so I thought that would be a better setting. It reduces the number of calories you start with each day, correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would try sticking with personalized just to see what you ARE getting. I work from home on the computer and if you look at my profile my average steps are an embarassing 3-4000 some days. A couple of days were so bad 1700, that my fitbit adjusted my calories down based on my goal weight ... all the way down to 839 😞

That motivated me to reschedule a consult and run up and down the stairs until it gave me some food back 🙂

yes, I negotiate with my fitbit.

Inga
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hahaha...I negotiate with mine too, lol "I will walk around the block 2 times if you give me enough calories to have something other than lettuce for lunch".

I changed it to Sedentary because even though it said I had a 8,000 calorie deficit a few weeks ago, I only lost 1 pound. I think it was giving me too many calories. Last week I cut them back on my own and Iost 2.5 pounds so I am trying to get the fitbit to give me the correct amount and it seems to be doing that now. It starts me at 650 calories and I get more as the day goes on...we will see how I did when I weigh in on Monday 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

fun and games 😉

Inga
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been searching for a solution to this problem, as well. I finally discovered that you cannot do it from the app, but you can easily do it from fitbit.com. I was even able to do it from the same device that I use the app with. It is located within the blue gear icon, next to the daily meter under the food tab.

Best Answer