Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add menopause, peri, and post menopause

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

“Your female health data helps you track your patterns and notice variations. There are many reasons why your period may become irregular, but some common causes include hormonal birth control, pregnancy, and excessive physical activity (source). A “normal” period is whatever is normal for you and your cycle (source).”    + menopause 

Please consider including data tracking that would help women better understand peri-menopause and  menopause symptoms.  Night sweats and hot flashes can also be accompanied by a few minute spike in heart rate, something my Fitbit measures.  So the heart rate and waking is actually tracked but shows up on two different tiles.   In addition,  sleep patterns change and being able to understand that this is part of “female” health patterns that are linked in one place would be helpful....and also inclusive of women Fitbit users from their 40s, 50s and 60s.   

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and added label

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there @Splitza, it's nice to see you around the Community Forums.

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Please, look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

The existing idea is: Menopause (Pre, during, and post)

Also, don't forget to always check the articleHow do I use the Fitbit app to track my period? 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't figure out how to vote for this suggestion.  I see that this was suggested in 2018 in Feature Suggestions, but that suggestion is locked and I can't vote for it there either.  It is important that FitBit recognizes that there are women who use this product who are in various stages of menopause.  A the very least, let us remove the period tracker if you're not going to update your app to include our stage of life.

Best Answer

Is there a way to switch the option off? I am post menopause so even though I'm a woman I don't need this. I don't like clutter and only leave things I want to see or maybe even the ones I should be using, even if I'm not good at them 🤣

Best Answer

There seem to be other discussions on this too.  I experienced early menopause due to my type 1 diabetes.  There seems to be little response from Fitbit.  Sadly, menopausal and post-menopausal women often feel like they are no longer valued in society, and are expected to just shut up and stay at home knitting.  The fact that I can't even log that I am in the late stages of menopause make me feel like I just don't count.  I've just started using Fitbit and am delighted with all the functions.  I have a Charge 2 and would gladly upgrade to the newest and best model, but this has put me off.  I am guessing that the powers that be at Fitbit are all men and maybe a few younger women?  What are you thinking of #Fitbit?  Older women are a huge market!  We want to take care of ourselves, make the most of life, and we have plenty of disposable income!  Why are we being ignored? 

Best Answer
0 Votes