Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding pregnancy to female health tracking feature

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do i stop it from saying i should start my period if i wont be starting because of becoming pregnant?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

There are many pregnancy apps. The purpose of this thread is that we want Fitbit to add pregnancy data to theirs. Because we are already using Fitbit to track everything else. And by not having an option to check it messes up our other data including menstruation. It is tracking quite a lot of information about your sleep, skin temperature, heart rate, etc… Some of which you can’t see unless you pay for premium. Much of which  clearly shows a change during pregnancy. Sure you can track your weight on Fitbit whether or not you are pregnant. But if it had a pregnancy mode maybe it wouldn’t keep giving me advice about how to lose weight. 

Best Answer

Pretty frustrating. Especially since a lot of your readings change as your baby grows. I have a pretty low resting heat rate, which has obviously gone up with the pregnancy, as it should. That was actually my first hint to check if I was pregnant. And now since my heartbeat is up, but there is no way to register the pregnancy, my overall fitness data is going down due to that "tiny" detail 😕 I was planning on changing to any brand that is friendly towards women, but Fitbit did it for me - it died two months after its warranty expired. Such a disappointment.

Best Answer

Please update us on the addition of a pregnancy setting on the app.  This is critical and should have been addressed years ago.

Inexcusable to keep ignoring what women need, or we can switch fitness trackers. 

Best Answer

It's 2022, how is a pregnancy option still not a thing? I don't want to log that I lost weight, I want to log that I've gained weight and that it's a good thing.

Best Answer

I agree with all the replies on this. I'd like add that I can go into Fitbit.. log the morning after pill and say in the settings that I'm on literally any type of contraception I could dream of but I can't log anything about being pregnant. What's going on Fitbit?

Best Answer

Another vote here, all my logged data is now useless as my average is screwed up because I can’t log that I’m pregnant, I’ve loved fitbit up to now but this is ridiculous, I’d be better off starting afresh with another brand! 

Best Answer

Seriously, how has FitBit so blantently ignore women who are TTC and pregnant! You'll predict my fertile window for me but won't help me on my pregnancy journey once there? What gives Fitbit! 

Best Answer

I still see no option to add pregnant. I see ovulation and mood and flow and symptoms. I am confused where to change this option. Even when I click on the cogwheel I see no options for pregnancy only birth control, predictions, setup values, and notifications. Please help.

Best Answer

This is not an answer to the question. It’s a copy paste from a script closely related. IM PREGNANT. What do I do about my period logs?!

Best Answer

App needs this update pls. Seems strange you can adjust to pregnant… 

Best Answer

App needs this update pls. Seems strange you can adjust to pregnant… 

Best Answer

We are now in 2023 and this is still not a thing.. I cannot believe how overtly sexist fitbit is.

Best Answer

We need pregnancy toggle on fitbit for many more reasons. You use this data TO MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.

I just got my fitbit at Christmas; it was a freebie from insurance.  I'm in my third trimester. 

It's telling me my cardiovascular heath is poor, my heart rate variability is unhealthy, and that I need to lose over 11 pounds. It is also suggesting that I increase the intensity and duration of workouts to improve my heart health. It literally shows me what the impacts on cardiovascular health would be if I followed your crazy recommendations. Delivering the kid will also improve heart health.

Not having pregnancy included in the data that your app makes insane recommendations on is pretty negligent.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7113937/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10203667/

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/circulationaha.114.009029

Best Answer

it is super unhealthy and dangerous. I have a google watch and was forced to use fitbit as a result. But before this i had Garmin. Ladies, why are we being ignored!!! I'm going back to my Garmin because the app is fantastic for pregnancy tracking and it actually has helpful info, plus ive never had issues with the period tracker whereas fitbit data always seemed off and never got predictions right. just switch, this is too long to wait

Best Answer

I am so disappointed with Fitbit for offering zero tracking of pregnancy. Not only in terms of period tracking, but also an appropriate settings for a weigh ‘goal’ should be there. 

Best Answer

As a moderator do you have power to tell women if there is an update to this request? Users have been asking on these forums since 2014 and the momentum really picked up 2018. We’ve been getting the same response since which is to vote on this feature. There’s over 6,000 votes now to have a pregnancy feature. Is there even a feature that got more votes on that? 

The feature vote still says consideration pending. Does this mean Fitbit is not even working on it but still deciding if they even want to? 

Nearly every month at least one new person asks about how they can incorporate their pregnancy into the app and they get the same perky response about what a great idea it is and they should submit as a feature. It’s starting to feel like a slap in the face than a solution to the user’s question.

Best Answer

Any updates moderators? My period is not 465 days I was pregnant and then broke my Fitbit… get it together to just say ‘pregnant’ and ‘pause’ even!!! 

Best Answer

It’s also so ridiculous because it’s telling me my heart rate is fair to poor. I’m pregnant. Heart rates change with pregnancy. How has this not been addressed by Fitbit yet. They are are absolutely rubbish at prioritising features

Best Answer

Same pregnant. Just got a Fitbit. Want to somehow mark that I am pregnant bc my calorie intake should be more than 1650..

Best Answer