Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breastfeeding Tracker clock face now available (Versa, Versa Lite and Ionic)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone.

I have developed a clock face called Breastfeeding Buddy. It allows you to track and monitor your baby's breastfeeds; all from your wrist! You can even 'pause' a feeding session, ideal for mums with babies who are easily distracted. It provides a summary of the past 12 hours of feeding. Also, to help reduce the risk and potential danger of you falling asleep, your smartwatch will vibrate every 5 minutes while breastfeeding.

If there's enough interest, I plan to implement additional features, e.g. nappy changes and sleep times. I can also update it to support Ionic devices. Have a look at our new website and please feel free to contact me with any feedback! Thanks.

Untitled.png

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hey there @peterlindsay! Thanks so much for keeping developing clock face for breastfeeding . Love the colors and the images. 

I'm pretty sure all mommies will love it. Heart

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks @MarreFitbit!

Just so everyone knows, you may experience a slight issue with the 12hr feeding summary. I have now fixed the problem but it may take 2-3 days for an update to get published on the Fitbit App Gallery.

Best Answer

Version 1.2.2 of Breastfeeding Buddy is now available, please update as soon as possible to resolve the issue.

Thank-you for your patience!

Best Answer

This is a brilliant idea! Particularly that the watch will vibrate to stop you falling asleep. Very useful!

Best Answer

Thanks @Sarah_1980! My wife is the genius behind that feature. She breastfed both our daughters but just used a notepad and pen. I think she'd love a third just so she could use this clock face! 😊

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

There is an update available for Breastfeeding Buddy, it now displays the current time on the feeding timer screen.

versa_feeding_timer.png

Hoping to publish another update to support Ionic devices next week.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Breastfeeding Buddy now available for Ionic devices!!

Untitled.png

Best Answer

Hi,

What an amazing app, is this available on the HR inspire?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @peterlindsay and @Sarah_1980@Jennakerai nice to see you around.

Thanks for sharing these updates. I'm sure users will be very interested in having this fantastic app on the Fitbit Ionic as well. I've updated the subject of this thread.

Please note, Inspire HR doesn't have this feature, but you can consider visiting our Feature Suggestions boardLook under the label "Inspire" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote. Or you can suggest your a new one here

Keep sharing your comments. Your feedback and help is greatly appreciated. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jennakerai 

It's only available for the Fitbit smartwatches (Versa, Versa Lite and Ionic).

It should also work with the Versa 2 but unfortunately I haven't been able to test it yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Peter! Is there a way to integrate calories burned during a nursing session? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ElenaAmbrose 

Thanks for your post. This would be difficult as the calories burned would vary depending on how much milk (e.g. oz/ ml) your baby takes during a feeding session. I could assume an average number of calories burned per minute and display/ record that, but I don't think it would be accurate. What do others think?

An update was published today, the price is now $1.49 USD and it also displays a battery level indicator on the main screen. Tapping the bottom (middle) of the screen will show/ hide it as required.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Peter!

As each ounce of breast milk contains 20 calories, I think that would be your best place to start. At the very least someone nursing could estimate 4 to 6 ounces per session and pumping away from the child would also give an accurate measure. I.e. I pumped 10.5 ounces this morning, so I would have burned 210 calories. To be fair, the other activities are also estimates and the food we consume is also an estimate so really, an estimate based on 20 calories per assumed ounce is going to be quite good. 

Best Answer

I just wanted to follow up on this thread, is this app available on the newest Charge 4?  I am a brand new mom and looking to track my feedings on the Charge 4 but unclear if it works on that watch and what the actual app is called and how to get it on the watch.  Please let me know, would love the info!

Best Answer

Hi @LRule 

Breastfeeding Buddy is only available for the Fitbit smartwatch devices, Ionic, Versa, Versa Lite and Versa 2. Unfortunately apps and clock faces cannot be developed for the Charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this app looks great. It would be amazing if you could port it to the Galaxy Active as I dont have a Fitbit and the Galaxy wearables store doesn't seem to have anything like it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wanting to know if there is anyway to go back and edit if I fail to hit the start button when I start nursing. Also if I’m only nursing on one side it’s not any issue, but when I want to nurse on both sides each time, I’m having a hard time with the fact the the hours are rounded and not exact and I’m also wondering if there’s a way for the two sides to be counted as one feeding if it’s within a certain time frame. Thanks so much! I have several children, so being able to not think about one more thing is great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm really hoping that you can update this for the Versa 3.  

I've been using a phone based app, but I hate having my phone near me each time I'm breastfeeding. It's already too easy to have more screen time than I want.

Let me know if there is any way I or the fitbit community could encourage the update.  It's a brilliant app, and just what I need.

Best Answer

Hello 🙂 i love the idea, would you make it available for Fitbit Sense as well? I used to have the 'New Parent' Clockface by Fitbit Labs but they discontinued it. Nappy change and sleep tracking would be amazing too!! ♥️

Best Answer
0 Votes