Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reset my period predictions?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Morning!

Am i able to delete my assumption for period prrdiction, as to my length of period and cycle as i don't know? 

I entered guess info to begin with... but its incorrect and i can only adjust the days, not delete for fitbit to set the pattern based on my input.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi, @Schumes_123! There are two things you can do. They're both in your account settings, under Female Health Settings. You can turn off the predictions completely and just log as you go. You can also update the initial settings, which Fitbit uses until it gets some actual data (several months worth) logged in.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Schumes_123, it's nice to have a new member here! Robot Very Happy  Have you tried what my friend @MakMak suggested?

Follow the on-screen instructions to set up female health tracking. You’ll be asked a series of questions about your menstrual cycle. The information you provide is used to make predictions about your future period and fertile windows. You can edit or update your information later.

• On the calendar, find the approximate date your last period started.
  • To edit your average period and cycle lengths, tap the + or - icon to add or subtract days.
  • Turn on notifications if you want to receive reminders on your phone about when your period is predicted to start. For more information, see Can the Fitbit app remind me when my period will start? 

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I've been logging my cycle for a few months now, however I've been on the contraceptive pill as well, so my periods have been regular, but every 2 months instead of every month (due to skipping my sugar pills every second month)

This month I'm going to stop taking my pill and want my tracker to stop using my historic cycles to predict my next cycle but instead revert back to the data I've input into the female health tracking settings. Is there a way to do this without deleting past cycle information?

Cheers

Best Answer

Hey there @aprilh1286, thanks for stopping by! Smiley Very Happy Update information about your cycle, including period length, cycle length, and birth control method, and choose whether to show period predictions and receive notifications.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click the gear icon.
  3. Adjust your female health settings as needed.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Hi @MarreFitbit,
My female health settings are already all correct and I want to have my
predictions showing, however I want my predictions based on the information
I've entered into the settings not on my previous periods that I have
logged.
Cheers
April
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @aprilh1286During your predicted period, you’re asked to confirm whether your period started. Tap or click Yes to confirm that your period started or Not Yet if it hasn’t started. Tap or click Edit to adjust the dates before you confirm your period. 

If you confirm a predicted period, the predicted period becomes a confirmed period. If you don’t confirm a predicted period, the prediction remains on your calendar. After the last day of the prediction window passes, the entire predicted period shifts to the next day. Note that the calendar doesn’t update until after midnight.

Please take a look if you haven't already. For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Answer
Hi,
I'm will aware how to log my periods, as I mentioned I've been doing it for
a number of months. You obviously don't understand my question. I'm about
to start having periods one a month as opposed to one every 2 months like I
was when on the pill. If I accept my period now when it's due it's still
going to predict the next one on 6 weeks time, and my friend window when my
next periods due.
So I'll ask my question again - Is there a way to reset the tracking of my
cycle to match the data entered into the female Heath settings instead of
estimating off previous cycles?
Cheers
April
Best Answer

Hi @aprilh1286, thanks for the clarification. In this case it's best to continue logging periods/cycles to have your predictions adjust. I'll pass this information to our team so we can have more options in the future! Thanks for bringing this up since user experience is really important for us.  

I found a suggestion that might be something that you would like to have: "Not yet" button in Female Health Tracker should do something. This will have the option to edit predictions. Please feel free to post your comments there or you can also make your own suggestions hereMembers of the Community can post new ideas in this board so they can be implemented in a future updates, this is a great way to make your voice heard.

You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I was having the same problem. The only fix I’ve found is to go backwards and reset my periods to fit the timeline I needed it to predict now.  I had to trick it  and just entered “periods” during certain times even if I didn’t have one then.  I wish there was a “reset” where you could start over.  

Best Answer

I would talk to your doctor. Sugar pills can't make you skip your period. When you miss your period it's because you've missed ovulation. The sugar pill idea is an old wives' tale. Missed periods can be a sign of problems like GI issues, Endometriosis, hormonal issues, or fertility issues. All of these can affect your health long term and can lead to cancer. I would seek out an OBGYN if I were you.

The reason why I know this is because my (female) doctor told me when I started having issues with irregular periods. Which ended up with me being diagnosed with endo which can be treated if found early enough without a hysterectomy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are incorrect or are either on a different type of birth control. My OBGYN specifically recommended that if I wanted to I could skip periods by not taking my sugar pills. It is well known that you can in fact skip your period by taking the regular pills and skipping your sugar pills with my birth control. If I  have a event where I don't want to have to deal with my period I skip my sugar pills and I don't have to deal with my period that month. Works like a charm every time. Bear in mind that I don't do this often though. My periods are regular and go back to being perfectly normal as soon as I start taking my sugar pills again. Never had an issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this issue been fixed yet? I still cannot find a way to change my predicted period, it is still predicting on former “trends”. The app should give the user the control to change the predicted period based on the period and cycle length that is entered by the user in the setting screen. The app should not control this information. 

I recently changed birth control methods and my cycle has changed to 27 days, but my app is still showing my cycle as 39 days and my fertile winds is all out of wack. The user should not have to go back and edit previous cycles just to trick the app into predicting correctly. 

If the issue has been fixed and I’m just not seeing how to fix it in the app, I would appreciate the help! To note, I updated and restarted the app, but still not seeing a way to fix this. 

Best Answer

I'm having this exact issue. With all the money we pay you think they could come up with user friendly software. This same issue has been a problem since 2018 and qe are now entering in 2022 and still no reset button to start fresh. It seems once the predictions start it's very hard to get them back on track if it's off! FITBIT FIGURE IT OUT AND ADD A RESET BUTTON TO START FRESH!

Best Answer

It is so frustrating, I have the same issue, I switched birth control therefore my cycle has changed. Why can’t I have a period prediction according to the information I set up in the app. What is even the point of entering a cycle info in the settings if it doesn’t even show up on the calendar?? I set up a prediction but I still have to count manually to check when is the prediction… 
this issue has been going on since at least 2018 and will probably keep going for at least the whole 2022. When is the Fitbit team is going to understand that menstrual health is a huge part of female health. 
PS: yeah you can totally skip sugar pills 

Best Answer

Glad I found this thread from 2018 and as of 2022 there is still no solution to reset past data and new predictions. The work around I found was to just delete all previously logged periods. That wiped out past data to hopefully start new.

Best Answer

Hi, i am on the app and cannot figure this out. Everyday My fitbit says i am on day 1 and i can't figure out how to change this. 

Best Answer