Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit period on Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This seems to be the most complicated thing to do. I need to edit but this "drag" way to do it just isn't working. How am I supposed to keep accurate track when I cant edit?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

Hi @brinstar thanks for getting back. I was checking the picture that you attached, thanks by the way! I was having similar issues with mine as you noticed here, but I was able to enter the period and then edit it. Have tried to do so after the update. It might work this time!

Give it a try and keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried AmyC76's solution and it worked for me in that it allowed me to easily change the end date of my period. However, I am a little worried that it didn't save my prior periods that I had already logged. There are prior dates saved in there, but I'm not sure if it reset based on the predictions or if it saved my actuals.

Dragging the bar on the section for the length of the period flat out does not work for me on my Android phone.

Best Answer

I tried this and it doesn't work. Tapping the pencil icon only gives me the option to add an additional period on top of the one-day period that I am trying to edit. I also don't get the option to delete it.

As you can see by this screen shot, it's kind of a mess because I have this period that I can neither edit nor delete on my calendar. Screenshot_20180905-090449_Fitbit.jpg

As a note: I am aware that I cannot modify a period with less than a 1 day gap in between. I added my actual period after that mistaken 1-day period that I am trying to delete because I've given up on this app working properly and I wanted to have my period logged correctly.

Removing the period and thus the less than 1 day gap does not fix the problem. I still have a period that is 1 day long that I can neither edit or delete.

I am very frustrated. I have tried all the troubleshooting ideas that people suggested  but nothing works.

It feels like this feature of the app is a complete afterthought for the dev team. Not only has was this feature not added after years of requests from users, when they did finally add period tracking, it is so buggy and unreliable. It has not been a great user experience. I was so excited when this feature was announced, but I am pretty disappointed with how it was implemented.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Drumgirl, welcome to the Forums.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to edit your period details this time, about the your inquiry the most you log and verify your periods more accurate predictions you will get. Tracking details about your cycle gives you greater insight into menstrual patterns. For more information about tracking your period with the Fitbit app, see our blog post about Female Health Tracking.

Thanks for getting back @brinstar. Sorry to hear that you couldn't edit your period entries, thanks for following all the suggested steps. I've passed this information to our team and we will be waiting for any updates from them.

Thanks for your patience while we're working on this.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue. I can not edit my period at all. When I click on the edit icon and slide the tracker, it will not save! I even turned off the prediction function and tried it that way. Clicked on the edit icon, edited my period, but it would not save no matter how many times I tried. Is this an app issue or an " I'm missing something" issue. 

Best Answer

When trying to edit it, it's not letting me predict that it will start tomorrow on the 12th or drag the dot over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot edit either; you should make this available for edits on the computer website.  We may have more success there. 

Best Answer

This was driving me potty too - I ended up deleting the entry and readding it. That took two attempts but was ultimately successful.

The ability to edit the period to accurately reflect the actual days seems to have disappeared in the most recent update. I wonder which UI consultant suggested a non-responsive drag and drop is needed when it would be far simpler to select the dates from a calendar drop down (like when manually entering weight, which is a nice simple interface).

Best Answer