Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enter my period, app not responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot enter my period. It’s clearly an issue with the app. You are supposed to press the date, which l did and you can feel a slight vibration, then tap the pencil and that’s the part that is absolutely not working. Any suggestions? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Welcome here @Shubiegirl and @Jessc2005! If the pencil isn't available, can you both please try what @SarahRhea shared here?

Give that a go and let me know if that works for you! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here . Sounds like the app needs some work as several of us have the same issues with adjusting our periods on the calendar.  Hope IT figured it out ..

@YojanaFitbit wrote:

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @MelissaAnn4789Heart

Thanks for reaching out the Forums. Please force quite the Fitbit App. You should have the latest version of the Fitbit app downloaded too. 

If a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period at the bottom of the page. Please confirm the following: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

If you already checked those details and still you're not able to add your period, please confirm what model of phone are you using and if possible send an screenshot of what you can see from your end.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @4karen, it's nice to see you around here! Sorry to hear you're having some difficulties when you try to edit your period.

If a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

My sister had a similar issue, her period was 2 days late this month. For her the current day and all future dates all had a grey pencil and could not be edited. Well, she tapped on yesterday's date which had a black pencil so she was able to edit the period like that. 

So, tap on a day that has already passed, where there is a black pencil, then edit your period. 

Hope this helps, let me know the outcome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi, None of this seems to work. I have the same issue logging… I’ve turned off Bluetooth and my phone, restarted everything… the buttons for “not yet” and “edit” don’t work and the calendar doesn’t even load. The app is just completely frozen and I’ve restarted it over 5x. When I log in on my computer the tile for this is missing and I can’t seem to add it back???  Not sure what to do next… 

Best Answer

I am having the same exact issue. I can get into the screens, and even start to edit SOMETIMES, but it ALWAYS freezes up on me, and NOTHING will do anything unless I force quit and restart the app. Only happened in this part. I’ve tried everything previously suggested- logged out, force quit, Bluetooth on and off, restart phone- nothing helps. Clearly an app issue. Super disappointed that this has been an issue for apparently years now, and it has yet to be addressed. Is it possible the TEAM has not prioritized this part? It really was a selling point for me, and I’d like to be able to use what I paid for.

Best Answer

Similar issue for me as well to what everyone has already shared so I won't rehash. I found uninstalling and reinstalling the app was the only way I was able to edit my period. Not an ideal solution at all but hopefully the team will fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes