Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing "not yet" doesn't alter FHT prediction

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Female Health Tracking has predicted my period start date for today, but it hasn't actually started yet.  When I select "not yet" nothing in the app changes.  The tile still shows that it's the first day of my period, and how many days are left.  I can't select a date in the future as the start date.  Last month my period started four days after the prediction, and the tile was incorrect for every one of those days.  It's very frustrating.  Would it be possible when selecting "not yet" to move the predicted date forward by at least a day so the tile doesn't claim I have my period when it hasn't actually started?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to see you here @miriya, welcome! 

Thanks for sharing your comments about the Female Health options. During your predicted period, you’re asked to confirm whether your period started. As you said you're prompted to tap "Yes" to confirm that your period started or "Not Yet" if it hasn’t started. We advise to tap "Edit" to adjust the dates before you confirm your period. 

As you've noticed, If you confirm a predicted period, the predicted period becomes a confirmed period. If you don’t confirm a predicted period, the prediction remains on your calendar. After the last day of the prediction window passes, the entire predicted period shifts to the next day; this is an expected behavior or the Fitbit App.

Note that the calendar doesn’t update until after midnight and Fitbit uses the data you provide to estimate your predictions. Initially, your predictions take into account the average cycle and period lengths you provide during setup. Log your period consistently to receive more accurate predictions.

About your request, I was making some research and was able to find this idea that you're suggesting:

Please cast a vote for this suggestion and leave a comment to show your support. Since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product! Thanks for your feedback. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It's nice to see you here @miriya, welcome! 

Thanks for sharing your comments about the Female Health options. During your predicted period, you’re asked to confirm whether your period started. As you said you're prompted to tap "Yes" to confirm that your period started or "Not Yet" if it hasn’t started. We advise to tap "Edit" to adjust the dates before you confirm your period. 

As you've noticed, If you confirm a predicted period, the predicted period becomes a confirmed period. If you don’t confirm a predicted period, the prediction remains on your calendar. After the last day of the prediction window passes, the entire predicted period shifts to the next day; this is an expected behavior or the Fitbit App.

Note that the calendar doesn’t update until after midnight and Fitbit uses the data you provide to estimate your predictions. Initially, your predictions take into account the average cycle and period lengths you provide during setup. Log your period consistently to receive more accurate predictions.

About your request, I was making some research and was able to find this idea that you're suggesting:

Please cast a vote for this suggestion and leave a comment to show your support. Since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product! Thanks for your feedback. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Hi @YojanaFitbit, thanks for the finding the feature on the suggestion forum! I wouldn't have found it on my own. As you've suggested, I've voted for the feature. I hope it gets picked up! Thank you again!
Best Answer

Awesome @miriyaSmiley Very Happy I made @YojanaFitbit's post as the solution for your previous post. Highlighting the solution may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here.

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My tracker is showing that the predicted time of period is real time. In reality, my period has not started yet, and the line in the calendar is still showing as predicted and not actual in color. 1) I don't recall being asked to "confirm" the start date as noted by other comments 2) if I did inadvertently confirm, how do I edit that selection, as it is not correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Krose13, thanks for jumping in here! My sister had a similar issue, her period was 2 days late this month. For her the current day and all future dates all had a grey pencil and could not be edited. Well, she tapped on yesterday's date which had a black pencil so she was able to edit the period like that. 

So, tap on a day that has already passed, where there is a black pencil, then edit your period. 

Please note that if a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

Hope this helps, let me know the outcome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the explanation, now I kind of understand some of the bizarre behavior in the app. If I understand correctly:

Clicking on the "Not yet" button keeps the predicted period intact. You can go back and edit later with the edit button.

Not choosing anything when asked to confirm your period keeps the start date advancing each day until you do confirm. (This is the behavior I would expect from a "Not yet" button)

It doesn't seem like anyone in Fitbit software development uses the Fitbit (for instance you can't view a log of a single activity like running, just the log of all activities). And it seems like nobody in development uses the menstrual app, given its lack of features, unintuitive interface, and extreme difficulty in editing.

Best Answer