Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle length on calendar doesn’t match cycle length input in settings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve read and tried most of the suggestions.  I’ve deleted and redownloaded, started and restarted, Bluetooth no Bluetooth.  The cycle length on the calendar does not match the cycle length on input.

Help!!!! I’m so frustrated.  If I cannot figure it out I will be forced to my okd app which had a much nicer calendar anyway.  Thx!

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Welcome on board @8Jennifer8! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having when trying to update your cycle length. Thanks for time the time to try the steps you mentioned in order order to sort this out. Nice way to go! 

You can edit the average cycle length and period length you provided during setup; however, these settings only affect your initial predictions. 

Keep the following in mind:

• Change your average period length to adjust the length of your initial period predictions. For example, if you change your average period length from 5 days to 8 days, your predictions adjust to reflect this change.
  • Edit your average cycle length to adjust the length of your entire cycle. If fertility predictions are on, the predictions for your fertile window and ovulation day adjust based on the length of your cycle. For more information, see our blog post Ovulation, Fertility, and Pregnancy: What It Really Takes To Make a Baby

To change your setup values for average cycle or period length:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the female health tile.
  2. Tap the gear icon.
  3. Tap Period Length or Cycle Length and adjust the number. 
  4. Confirm your changes.

To add or edit a period:

2. Tap the start date of a period on the calendar.
  3. Tap the pencil icon to add or edit a period (you can also tap and hold a date on the calendar). If period predictions are turned on, the entire period appears on the calendar based on your average period length.
  4. On the calendar, tap the first or last day of a period and then slide your finger across the dates to adjust the period length. 
  5. Tap Save.

Update information about your cycle, including period length, cycle length, and birth control method, and choose whether to show period and fertility predictions and receive notifications.

2. Tap the gear icon.
  3. Adjust your female health settings as needed.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

We know how to adjust it, but it doesn’t work. So I say like 5 days period, 23 days cyclus BUT the calendar says “35” days.... Now my fetile period isn’t right. It think it’s a bug. 

And again: we know how to adjust... That’s not the prob

Best Answer

Hello there @Irisvalley, thanks for jumping in here! Thanks for already trying to solve the issue about your cycle predictions not showing correctly. Please try the following steps:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Once you've done that, try going to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set cycle length again then turn predictions back on. 

I'll be around, keep me in the loop.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this one a few times. Doesn't work.
Best Answer

Hi @8Jennifer8, thanks for coming back and for letting me know you've tried the steps recommended. 

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist in the meantime. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue!  I've done everything noted, and nothing adjusts.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I've tried all the steps over and over again. even removed all my periods and added them back again. Nothing is working to correct my cycle. I really want to use this app but there is definitely a bug that needs to be corrected before I can do so.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Sundee and @malter23! Thanks so much for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue with your cycle length. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon!

Let me know if there's any questions present.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. My cycle length is 22 days and period length is 4 days, however the app / fitbit doesnt show it according to this data. 

Best Answer

I had to delete all my previous periods.

It's because it calculates an average, and doesn't adjust your cycle even if you want to.

Best Answer
Thanks. Yeah figured that out...I want to know the 28 day mark bcs my average and sometimes I’m caught by surprise. They should offer options.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted all my data and re-entered it. My cycle shows 25 days which is correct. However it predicts that my next period is in 90 days???

Best Answer

Hello @Vrush@Irisvalley@8Jennifer8, and @SundeeWe appreciate your time and patience regarding this matter. 

Since this situation turned out to be uncommon, we need to research the root cause of the issue. This, as you may know, takes almost the same amount of time that it takes for us to release any new feature/update from the previous platforms that we have launched already.

We can't determine any specific date to provide to you. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem as Sundee. My cycle is 28 days, but it predicts my period will be in 98 days. On the "cycles" tab, it marks my last two cycles as being 98 days even though it registers that I have had two periods since then. Buggy app. I keep entering data each month, but use the Planned Parenthoood app for accurate predictions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @AreyI am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. 

As mentioned, we can't determine any specific date to provide to you. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products. As soon as we have available updates, we'll make sure to let you all know. 

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Fitbit:

Please consider hiring a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) to assist you in managing your technical difficulties and also responding to issues women have in regards to their fertility and cycle length, length of pregnancy, fitness in pregnancy, and so forth. I think you could develop an app with much greater customer satisfaction. 

Kathleen Coco CNM

559/310-1146

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.

Have followed your instructions to try to resolve to no avail.

Cycle length is entered as 28 days, however predicts it is 68 days in length, which is clearly wrong.

a little bit frustrated, as this app used to work well for me, problem just arose when i registered my new charge 3 device.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Keighty00 and @KCocoI totally understand how you feel. We really appreciate your feedback in regards to the Female Health Tracking. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We'll keep you posted as soon as there are updates available.

Your understanding is truly appreciate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same trouble.  I just deleted all of my periods and reentered them.  Now all of the cycle lengths are 166 days and overlapping each other.  I have five dates entered.  I see a trend , but the app doesn't see it. I saw that you said this was an uncommon error.  I'm seeing a bit of traffic on this topic,  I don't think it is that uncommon.  I have done all of the previously suggested steps to try to resolve it. Also, deleted everything and started over.  Each time the cycle length gets longer. 

- Disappointed and frustrated

Best Answer