Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHT causing app crash (Android) RESOLVED: 7/9

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 6/25/19

Hi everyone!

We're aware of the Female Health tracking tile causing the Fitbit app to crash. This has been an issue in the past and has now re-emerged. Since we've been receiving more reports, I've merged a few threads together. 

Please subscribe and stay tuned for any updates. We appreciate your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 7/9/19

Hi everyone!

Today we have fully released the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. This app version should resolve the app crash some of you were experiencing when clicking on the Female health tile. 

Please make sure to update the app if you haven't yet done so.

I'm now closing this thread from further comments. If you experience the app crash again on the new app version, or if anything else comes up we'd like for you to open a new thread/discussion to report. 

Thanks for all your cooperation and patience while a fix was put in place. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

In my Fitbit app, I can still see my tracker tile but when I try to open it, it crashes my app. I can sync my Fitbit Alta and open any and all other tiles. It is only when I try to access the FHT tile that my complete app crashes. My app is up to date, and I deleted it and re downloaded it. Was the tracker removed? Is anyone else having this issue? 

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Saracloughh! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. If your app is crashing, please try the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is updated to version 2.91
  • Log out from your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Let me know if your Fitbit app is still crashing after following the above steps. I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried but doesn't work.. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I have contacted them with no success.  Apparently my phone is not on their compatiblity list but I have been using the tracker for a few months with no issue.  Signed into the online and but cant see it there 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Mickey123 and @Oceanbluejoey! Thanks a million for trying the suggested steps above.

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. The problem has been escalated for investigation. We appreciate your help and will update everyone when we have more info. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your patience!

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for answering this. I have been having this exact problem the last few days. Hopefully it will be rectified soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since update period tracker will exit app. Have updated, uninstall, logged out yet still causing issues when selected 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & added label

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also been having the same issue which had been going on for just over 1 month now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ya.. same.. i login in online but fail to find it there too. Was wondering if they remove this function. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Lnzr! Thanks a million for trying to fix the issue with your female health tracking tile.

We’re aware of this issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. The problem has been escalated for investigation. We appreciate your help and will update everyone when we have more info. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your patience!

I've moved your post to the Female Health Tracking since there are more chances to get related replies here. 

Let me know if you have any questions present. Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @FatToFitMama@SVFRAN, and @Oceanbluejoey! I totally understand how you feel. Rest assured we'll keep you posted as soon as there are available updates in regards to this issue. 

I'll be around if there's anything I can assist you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Each time I select the female tracker tile on the Fitbit app, it crashes.

Currently using Android 8.1.0 and the app is the most recent update.

Tried each of these several times now...

- Force Stopping the app

- Logging Out/In of the app

- Logging In on Internet Browser

- Uninstalling/Reinstalling the app

- Turning off Female Tracker, Logout, Login, Turn on Female Tracker

- Restarting Phone

- Changing App Permissions

- Turning Notifications for Female Tracker on/off

Can someone help please!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @LaurenMA! Thanks a million for trying the suggested steps above.

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. The problem has been escalated for investigation. We appreciate your help and will update everyone when we have more info. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your patience!

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 7/9/19

Hi everyone!

Today we have fully released the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. This app version should resolve the app crash some of you were experiencing when clicking on the Female health tile. 

Please make sure to update the app if you haven't yet done so.

I'm now closing this thread from further comments. If you experience the app crash again on the new app version, or if anything else comes up we'd like for you to open a new thread/discussion to report. 

Thanks for all your cooperation and patience while a fix was put in place. 

Best Answer
0 Votes