Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Female health tracking won’t let me edit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m trying to edit my current period and the app won’t let me edit anything during what is considered my current cycle. The last day I can start to edit is about 10 days before my period started. That is the last day the pencil icon shows up, so I click on it, try to make any edits, and it won’t even save the wrong info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Acorns_mommyWhen you press the pencil icon to edit a period, you will see the option to Save, Cancel, or Delete it.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click the start date of a period on the calendar.
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon to add or edit a period (you can also tap and hold a date on the calendar). If you turned on predictions, the entire period appears on the calendar based on your average period length.
  4. On the calendar, tap the first or last day of a period and then slide your finger across the dates to adjust the period length. 
  5. Tap or click Save.

If you're having difficulty doing this, please close and then restart the app. Also worth noting that you should have the latest version of the Fitbit app downloaded. 

If a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

Hope this clarifies why the pencil might be unavailable. I'll be around, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

No matter how many times i edit and save and delete it keeps saying i have a period when I don't . Help!

Best Answer

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. There is another post where this worked for many others and once it's reinstalled the edits will save. The period tracker has been broken for months now. Fitbit knows and still has not resolved the problem. It's very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I just did this because it had like 4 lines on top of one another and kept saying that there wasn't a period to edit. Once I deleted and reinstalled the app, they all disappeared and I was able to edit it and put it in correctly. So I second this suggestion!

Best Answer
0 Votes