Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fertility tracking question

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I am loving the fertility tracker. It works much better than any other I’ve used. I would like to make one suggestion. When I tap to update my period for the current month, previous months change based on predicted trends. I have been making note of my own ovulation cramps in relation to how accurate the apps prediction is. So far it’s either been right on the money or just a day off. But when everything shifts, I lose that personal data because your predicted ovulation day moves away from my note. Previous months should lock as they pass, with future months adjusting for trends. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & added label 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Nic_ann_robs and welcome to the Help forums.  You pointed out an interesting feature of the fertility tracker.  When users have suggestions like this, the thing to do is check out the Feature Suggestion forum.  A request for this might exist or you might need to start one. 

Also, I am going to move your post to the Female Health Tracking forum.  It sounds like this issue applies to female health tracking, not just the iOS app.  A thread might be on that forum already.

BTW, I consider your observation a bug to be fixed.  Old data should not be changed.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW Thank you for the info and for moving the post! 

Would I treat a bug similar to a feature suggestion? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nic_ann_robs   True "bugs" are usually brought to the attention of the moderators who bring it to the attention of the engineers.  I would go the feature suggestion route and emphasize that it is something that needs to be fixed. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @Nic_ann_robs! Thanks for bringing this up. I was wondering if you've tried to turn off predictions and edit the Period and Cycle length? Then you can turn back on the predictions.

Your estimated fertile window automatically adjusts based on the menstrual cycle data you enter. You can’t edit fertile windows. To turn off fertility predictions, see How do I edit my female health settings? 

You can edit the average cycle length and period length you provided during setup; however, these settings only affect your initial predictions. Keep the following in mind:

Thanks for your help and for moving the post @LZeeW

Let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes