Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Flo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have been really frustrated with Fitbit menstrual tracking since I first got my first Fitbit several years ago, as it absolutely does not, in any way, register things properly even after I've updated it for half a year plus. I also told it about my regular 28 day cycle with 5 days of menstruation and use of birth control pills, but it would still estimate that my period would last for 2 months and other absolutely crazy things that made no sense at all. Needless to say, I gave up on Fitbit tracking my menstrual health, as it is absolute trash. 

However. Now Fitbit say that they have a collaboration with Flo. I use Flo to register my menstrual information, and I have connected the app to Fitbit, so they should communicate. But even now, when I manually put all my menstrual data, my temperatures and all in the Flo app, Fitbit doesn't give me the correct info. How is this possible? Did anyone find out how to get the apps to communicate properly? If you did, how? It would be nice to have the correct info in my Fitbit account. I am manually putting in my temperature and menstrual cycle details every day in Flo, and I find it REALLY odd that Fitbit communicates with Flo and still suggests that my period is on completely different dates than what I manually add in the app Fitbit supposedly communicates with? This is super frustrating, and very inconvenient and disappointing. I have now stopped taking the pill and started measuring temperatures and keeping a detailed log of my menstrual health, because we want to try and concieve within not too long. It would be very nice to have an actually useful log, and not the joke Fitbit has going on... 

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? Has anyone ever had any success with Fitbit and menstrual health tracking, with or without Flo? If yes, please explain how?

And if is not possible to get the feature to function properly - Why on Earth does Fitbit offer this logging at all? When it is like this I feel like it would be better if Fitbit would just give up on the feature in their products, as it is just annoying, frustrating and makes it a poorer product with the feature than if they wouldn't offer it at all. I wish that they would just entirely remove it as an option in the app rather than providing something wich is so incredibly useless...

Regards, 

Frustrated Fitbit and Flo user.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I echo all your frustrations! It's typical that it's the one thing in the app specifically designed for women that's dysfunctional and doesn't seem like it's much of a priority for Fitbit to fix it, considering how much investment they pour into enhancing other areas of their services/products -  this issue has been going on for years when you go through the messages on the board. 

My problem is a bit different, every time I try to open the period tracker it freezes for ages, then nothing happens and crashes the entire app. This happens regularly and has been for months. Even more frustrating is the fact that when it finally does work, it actually works really well for me. I've exhausted all possible "fixes" that they advice you to do on the board, as well as when you speak directly to Fitbit. 

It just sounds like it is deemed unreliable and faulty and many have solved it by resorting to other services. I'm considering moving over to apple watch since menstrual cycle is an important part of my health tracking!

Best Answer

Totally agree that this is a prioritization issue!! How can it still be a problem after years of complaints?? They just aren’t giving it the attention it requires for whatever reason. So very disappointing. Mine freezes consistently. Sometimes it’sa blank calendar. Sometimes it lets me start the edit, but freezes half way through. But it ALWAYS freezes up and I have to force quit. So incredibly irritating.

Best Answer
0 Votes