Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change period start date?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I set up my cycle in the female health tracker I accidently selected the wrong start date so my cycle prediction is off by a week. I am able to change how many days my period is and how many days my cycle is but cannot figure out how to change the start date to just shift it all by a week. Please help. 

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

You're very welcome @snowlainaRobot wink Glad to hear this worked for you. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pencil icon does nothing when I tap it. When I tap on a day, I get the option to add more detail such as my flow intensity by tapping the plus sign, but no way to edit. My predicted cycle is off by a day and I can’t change it based on the instructions provided here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Jesangel76, thanks for stopping by! Also, thanks for following the steps provided in this thread, nice way to go!

However, while reading your post I was wondering if you've tried what @YojanaFitbit here

Looking forward to your response! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has predicted my period start but it has not. When I select the “not yet” option nothing happens. It is continuing to tell me that my period has started today which it has not. Everything with the app and my phone are updated, I’ve tried closing out of the app and reopening it, and I’ve resynced the app with my device without any luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @RProppy, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks for troubleshooting this before posting, nice way to go!

During your predicted period, you’re asked to confirm whether your period started. As you said you're prompted to tap "Yes" to confirm that your period started or "Not Yet" if it hasn’t started. We advise to tap "Edit" to adjust the dates before you confirm your period. 

As you've noticed, If you confirm a predicted period, the predicted period becomes a confirmed period. If you don’t confirm a predicted period, the prediction remains on your calendar. After the last day of the prediction window passes, the entire predicted period shifts to the next day; this is an expected behavior or the Fitbit App.

Note that the calendar doesn’t update until after midnight and Fitbit uses the data you provide to estimate your predictions. Initially, your predictions take into account the average cycle and period lengths you provide during setup. Log your period consistently to receive more accurate predictions.

About your request, I was making some research and was able to find this idea that you're suggesting:

Please cast a vote for this suggestion and leave a comment to show your support. We're always interested in ways to improve the product! 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

SO my Period was predicted to start Thursday and on Thursday I clicked not yet same on Friday, but then I forgot to say not yet for Saturday or sunday is there a way to go in to change that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @LMorrisey, it's nice to see you here! As mentioned above, if you confirm a predicted period, the predicted period becomes a confirmed period. If you don’t confirm a predicted period, the prediction remains on your calendar. After the last day of the prediction window passes, the entire predicted period shifts to the next day; this is an expected behavior or the Fitbit App.

Note that the calendar doesn’t update until after midnight and Fitbit uses the data you provide to estimate your predictions. Initially, your predictions take into account the average cycle and period lengths you provide during setup. Log your period consistently to receive more accurate predictions.

To add or edit a period: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click the start date of a period on the calendar.
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon to add or edit a period (you can also tap and hold a date on the calendar). If you turned on predictions, the entire period appears on the calendar based on your average period length.
  4. On the calendar, tap the first or last day of a period and then slide your finger across the dates to adjust the period length. 
  5. Tap or click Save.

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

Hi, Can't really find the "Women's health" tile (not in my android device or the web dashboard), how can I log my period?

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
on my home screen there is a function that talks about period I click on
that then would click on the date your period started then on the bottom of
the screen is a log details and you can edit and add details about it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @juanchax! To show the female health tile:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click Edit at the bottom of the dashboard.
  2. Tap or click the + icon in the top left corner of the female health tile.
  3. Tap or click Done

Once you've done that, from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tracking tile. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to set up female health tracking. You’ll be asked a series of questions about your menstrual cycle. The information you provide is used to make predictions about your future period and fertile windows. You can edit or update your information later.

• On the calendar, find the approximate date your last period started.
  • To edit your average period and cycle lengths, tap the + or - icon to add or subtract days.
  • Turn on notifications if you want to receive reminders on your phone about when your period is predicted to start. For more information, see Can the Fitbit app remind me when my period will start? 

Thanks so much for all your help @LMorriseySmiley Very Happy

Let me know if this helps, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, what happens when you don’t even have that tile? I have the Fitbit versa. 

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Cierashannon,

Can you explain what you mean by tile? You should see your female health in
the fitbit app on your phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I read someone referred to the “female health title” but I don’t have one. I have female health settings but no option to add the start date to a calendar or anything for tracking

Ciera Shannon
Best Answer
0 Votes
Right yes okay. So I've had it on my app for a while now and I'm not
clearly seeing where you can make the tile show but I do see where you can
hide it so you might be able to. When you open the app on the home page
just to the right of where it says "today" it should say "edit" click that
and you might see an option to show. Sorry I'm not much more help.

Jeannine
Best Answer
[cid:3C57E25A-25B5-478E-8D7C-3BB175433521-L0-001]
This is all that shows 😞 but thank you so much for your suggestion!
Ciera Shannon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me right now. I JUST got my Fitbit a couple of weeks ago. So seems like the problem has continued for a full year. I’ve also tried all the trouble shooting tips given in the past thread posts. Any luck or has anything else worked? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ValarieG are you using your fitbit app on an android or ios device? what fitbit watch are you using?

Cheers, juanchax

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone w/ IOS 13.3
Versa 2

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ValarieG Cool, can you post screenshots of what you see in the Today section of your Fitbit app?

If you do not see the female health info you might need to go to your account (in your phone app not the web dashboard!) and edit the female health settings in Advanced Settings

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do have the female health feature as shown above however, the period dates are off as I mentioned in my initial comment. I have attempted several times to edit, change, and even delete the existing date but it seems to default back to the original date range right after.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes