Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it useful when you use a birth control pill?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the Female Health option useful when you use the birth control pill? Though I am not regularly on my period, because sometimes often I use 2 or 3 strips before I start a 'stop week' again. Can anyone IF and in that case, which benefits there still are of using the function?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the female tracking board, I'm glad to see you're interested in this new feature @elinevhWoman Very Happy

Your female health data helps you track your patterns and notice variations. There are many reasons why your period may become irregular, but some common causes include hormonal birth control, pregnancy, and excessive physical activity (source). A “normal” period is whatever is normal for you and your cycle (source).

Keep in mind that use of certain types of contraception, such as extended-cycle birth control pills and intrauterine devices (IUDs), will alter your menstrual cycle (source). Talk to your health care provider about what to expect. 

If you’re using birth control or otherwise have an altered cycle, you can still use the female health tracking feature to track your cycle and details to help you recognize patterns. You may want to turn off predictions in the female health settings and manually log your periods. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

For more information, see our blog posts Your Menstrual Cycle Explained: The Periods Facts You Never Knew You Never Knew and Pills, Patches, IUDs, and More: Get to Know Your Birth Control Options.

Add your birth control method to log the details that can affect your cycle. For more information about how birth control can affect your cycle, see our blog post Pills, Patches, IUDs, and More: Get to Know Your Birth Control Options.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Taking birth control pills can improve these symptoms by balancing your hormones, lowering the level of testosterone, and regulating your period.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Obviously, the birth control pill is a safe, simple, and convenient way to prevent pregnancy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The birth control pill is a highly effective way to prevent pregnancy when you take it consistently every day. The pill can also lower your risk of certain problems, such as uterine and ovarian cancers, migraines, and acne. The two biggest side effects of missing birth controls pills are breakthrough bleeding and pregnancy. Use https://druggenius.com/pill-identifier/ if you need to identify the pill you are using. The hormones in birth control pills wear off in about 36 hours if you don't continue taking them. After about a day and a half, your hormone levels will drop off, which can cause spotting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit Female Health tracker DEFINITELY helped me while on birth control. It was always right on point with its predictions, even when I didn't feel it coming.

Best Answer
0 Votes