Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all menstrual health data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve updated the app to Version 4.09 today (iPhone) and have lost all the menstrual health data I’ve logged for years. It doesn’t look like any other data has been affected. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

Same here! Been tracking for fertility with pcos since 2020! All gone…

Best Answer

My menstrual data also disappeared 😭😭  It's quite frustrating because I've been tracking it with fitbit for almost a decade. Have an OBGYN appointment next week and I won't have a clue when the date of my last period was, which will probably be the first question. It really makes you realise how much we rely on apps and how easily years of information can be lost. I really hope they'll fix it and we'll get the data back 🙏

Best Answer

Is there any update on this problem? Many women use this app for period tracking for many purposes and not having access is very distressing. 

Best Answer

I mentioned this when I spoke to someone at Fitbit via Twitter - but I was disappointed to find they seemed to be treating it as a purely ‘data’ related issue rather than a personal one. There are many reasons why we might want to track our periods, and being without this data could be incredibly distressing. It’s made me realise that I can’t rely on Fitbit, and I’m really glad I use a couple of apps to record my period data. 
I’m sorry to say it, but if this was an issue that affected men, it would be sorted by now. 

Best Answer

Pretty sucky and if you look at the forum this seems to be an issue quite often AND takes weeks to resolve  …. 

Best Answer

Hi everybody ! Thank you for your reports and messages ! I merged all your comments here, to keep the Community in order and for everyone to get the updates together as here we are discussing the issue with the missing data. 

As mentioned on my previous post, our team is aware of this and is working on a solution. 
We'll be updating the thread as soon as we receive further information. 

Hope this gets solved soon.  

We appreciate your understanding and patience until our team works this out. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In which case, as this is still “unresolved” why is the post marked as “answered” when actually, you’ve given no update other than it’s being looked into and no timeframe in which the issue is going to be fixed?

I was thinking exactly the same thing re: if it was an issue that affected men it would be sorted by now. This is such a disappointing thing to have happened and even more of a disappointing response from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

This is not good enough, it’s taken over a week with hundreds of women that rely on this information, I am sure that if it effected the male community then it would have been completed by now.  

Best Answer

100%! This has effected me massively as I rely on this for my doctors and also tracking ovulation and with not having this data I’m worried I’ve been intimate during ovulation and not realised so I’m panicking massively! Not good enough at all…

Best Answer

Same issue here. Years of tracking gone after update version 4.09.1 on iOS. Probably none of the programmers working on these brilliant updates was a woman. 

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to me - glad to hear I am not alone and hope they fix this issue soon!!

Best Answer

Hi everyone! 
We are aware of a bug impacting a limited number of Fitbit iOS app users who recently updated to 4.09. The bug may cause previously logged menstrual cycle data to not show up in the app.

We have identified a fix to the bug and ask any users experiencing the issue to update their Fitbit app to version 4.09.1. While this will not restore your missing data in the app, it will prevent any additional loss of logged menstrual cycles and allow you to log menstrual data as usual. If you’re still using version 4.09, you may lose some functionality such as the ability to manually delete periods in the calendar view at this time.

We are working to automatically restore missing data, which we expect to fix in the next week. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
Thank you for the update, however this is the same message given last week about the time it will take to restore, this is not the first time that an update has lost menstrual data, this is really affecting me as I don’t have my period information, I am at this time premenopausal and I have been tracking my information so I have my evidence for my doctors and it has all gone.

I don’t think the Fitbit team really understand the true scale of this issue. Please can you update daily as to what is happening and when this will be resolved, this is extremely serious

Kind regards

Lisa A
Best Answer

I agree. Lost all my data whilst updating to the most recent version. Nothing has been sorted and it’s so frustrating when it’s something I rely on especially being perimenopausal. A standard response just repeated with no urgency 😤😠

Best Answer

This is getting frustrating now!! I use tracking for safe times in the month and I’m super worried I could have been intimate around an unsafe day but I have zero clue!

Best Answer

Menstrual tracker not showing predicted windows, current or previous. I have toggled the prediction button, synced, turned Bluetooth on/off, forced shutdown, nothing has worked. Is it a glitch that is being worked on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the update and it did not restore any lost information. The loss of my history is very upsetting. 

Best Answer

When is this going to be fixed?? There’s been no information provided by Fitbit about this issue. How many users have been affected? I’ve lost years of data and no help from Fitbit. Another update fail from Fitbit, why are we being charged for such poor service and failures??

Best Answer

Get another app to track your periods. At this rate, we’ll all have different apps for all the things Fitbit is failing at

Best Answer
0 Votes

How frustrating is it!! Maybe it’s PMT as well but I don’t know because I don’t know where my cycle is at!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes