Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all menstrual health data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve updated the app to Version 4.09 today (iPhone) and have lost all the menstrual health data I’ve logged for years. It doesn’t look like any other data has been affected. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

With each day this gets worse!!! I have been wearing dark pants and carrying tampons in my pocket because I have no clue when my period is coming. I have grown accustomed to the benefits of the app and wasn’t independently keeping track.  Before I realized the problem was the app, I thought maybe I was pregnant. And my husband has had a vasectomy, so that was awful. How hard can it be for Fitbit to fix this?!?!

Best Answer

Still no news about this fix???  We need to keep reminding them otherwise we will just get ignored. So annoying that nothings been sorted yet. 😤

Best Answer

I have to say it’s quite interesting that when you look up Fitbit lost menstrual data, there has been a number of occasions this has happened, 2020, 2021,2023, what is happening here Fitbit! Can you please take this seriously and restore our data, you truly don’t understand the upset you are causing us, this is unacceptable, who can we talk to to raise this further 

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

We are aware of the impact of this bug and understand the importance of the data restoration. The team is continuing the work to automatically restore the missing data in the Fitbit App and appreciate your patience as we resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see they’ve sent in a woman moderator to deal with the “woman’s issues” nice touch, but you haven’t given us any timeframe in when this data is going to be restored. When will it be back? There’s clearly a lot of people who rely on this data, so a timeframe would be useful.

Best Answer

I’m new to this community but just wanted to add that I have lost 3.5 yrs worth of data too which I’ve been using to track as I head into the menopause. I have used Fitbits religiously for 6 years but if my data is lost forever my loyalty will likely follow suit. Please can you escalate the impact of this through whatever channels are possible please. Thanks. 

Best Answer

This issue really needs to be addressed ASAP as a matter of urgency. We have lost years worth of data. Silly me, trusted Fitbit and didn’t bother backing up with a secondary app. Lesson learned the hard way I guess. 

Best Answer

As I said to the other moderator, respectfully please unmark this as “answered” and “resolved.” Nothing is resolved and several of us rely on this information for tracking our health. It is no longer enough for the tech world version of “we’re sending our thoughts and prayers your way, the coders/developers work in mysterious ways just have faith.” We need actual answers on a timeline for when we can expect our data to be restored. I know you personally are not responsible for fixing this situation and you are just doing your job by following the approved script but this is ridiculous. To expect those with a uterus to suffer the negligence of developers like this and not be given an actual answer on when we can expect this to be fixed let alone be told what is ACTUALLY being done to restore our data is unacceptable. Again, I’m not mad at you personally I am mad that if this were to affect any other feature on the app it would have been resolved already. We deserve better than this.Please help us get results in the form of our data being restored.  

Best Answer

Hello, I am “up to date” with version 4.06 on my inspire 3. My data is still there on my phone app but the face on my device has said 1 day until period for a month. I reset, tried everything on the app, turning tracking on and off, etc. Do you know approximately when this will be fixed as well? This is my first time using a Fitbit and within a month it’s already defective…

Best Answer

I had an email saying to update the app to fix this lost data but my app is up to date and still years of menstrual data not showing - very disappointing that we are still waiting for this to be sorted. Can anyone from Fitbit explain what my next steps are if my app is up to date?!

Best Answer

The email isn’t overly clear, but there’s two stages:

Firstly, keep your app updated - this means you’ll be able to log period details (you couldn’t do this on the previous version of the app which contained the bug) but it won’t (currently) restore your missing historical data

Secondly, they’re working on restoring this missing data and there will be another update eventually when it’s been resolved. 

So basically, if you have the up to date version of the app right now, you will still be waiting for data to be restored. 

Quite frankly, it’s a disgrace that we’re still waiting. It’s been over 2 weeks since I reported the issue. Not good enough. 

Best Answer

the only good thing about the email ( which I got earlier too) is that they are actually acknowledging a problem, still having to wait this long is disgraceful but it's  a start. 

Best Answer

Really helpful summary, @Florentina, thank you - far better than the very poor email from Google.

Completely agree that the lack of any resolution 2 weeks on and the fact this thread shows as 'resolved' when it clearly isn't, is not good enough.

Best Answer

Just installed the latest app update (version 4.10) hoping it would be sorted and it’s not. Very annoying. The wait goes on. 

Best Answer

Just tried the 4.10 update also and it hasn't made any difference for me either.

Best Answer

Also installed the latest update, still not fixed. Seriously Fitbit, do better, cause you really can’t do much worse. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive also just updated and my data isn’t back and it’s still not saving new data that i add. Honestly, how is this so hard and why aren’t we being told when this will be resolved?! 

Best Answer

What exactly did the update do? It certainly hasn’t fixed the missing data issue. So frustrating 😤😤

Best Answer

I’ve been reading this forum for weeks waiting for a resolution. I’ve never seen a bug fix take so long. Does anyone know another app for tracking menstrual data? I’m ready to change. 

Best Answer

The longer it goes on the more determined I am just close Fitbit down and get a Garmin 

Best Answer