Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all menstrual health data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve updated the app to Version 4.09 today (iPhone) and have lost all the menstrual health data I’ve logged for years. It doesn’t look like any other data has been affected. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

Same here!! I’m thinking either a Polar or a Garmin now… it’s clear that Fitbit don’t care and aren’t seeing this as a priority, as like you say, I’ve never known a bug fix take so long or, if they’ve lost all our data (which is looking more and more likely) the communication be so rubbish.

Best Answer

Having this issue as well. I've periodically been asking the Help Chat in the app about it. Today the person I chatted with said it was likely my fault that the data was gone, and that it was probably deleted because I haven't merged my account to Google yet. So that was nice.  Really hope it isn't the case though. 

Best Answer

Wow, shocked at this. I’ve moved to Google (didn’t really want to) and it’s still happened to me. So absolute nonsense. Sort it out Fitbit. Considering getting in touch with the press/consumer rights about this now because it’s getting ridiculous. 

Best Answer

That is abhorrent behavior from fitbit. It is also untrue. How is them updating the app and losing all of our data your fault for not merging accounts? It isn’t!! It shouldn’t matter because not everyone has a Google account. Not everyone wants to give google access to their health data. Google knows enough as it is. Plus, I have merged my google account to my fitbit account and am still missing all of my data. 

Best Answer
Well that is it I am done, I’ve ordered a new start watch and I will be removing Fitbit from my phone, well done Fitbit another lost customer

Kind regards

Lisa A
Best Answer

Any update on getting this resolved? Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on the fix?

Best Answer

I contacted chat support who “escalated” the claim to the team that deals with this and this is what i was met with (copy and pasted) 

“Thank you very much for your patience, we apologize for the delay. We're happy to continue helping you after you reported some issues with the menstrual health tile in your Fitbit app. Our team has been working on this situation to improve the experience of our users After the last update for our Fitbit App these problems will be resolved, We just warn that information not tracked during this period will take a little longer to be restored, so we appreciate your understanding. Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience”

And I will be sending a firm email back when i am able to not be purely angry because this offered absolutely 0 actual information about how and when they were restoring data.

Best Answer

This is absolutely ridiculous now. I’m no programmer, but surely, with all the resources that Google / Fitbit have, something must have gone seriously wrong if they STILL haven’t been able to fix this?? Most fixes take what, a week at max with other apps, so the fact this has gone on so long and they’re giving us absolutely no idea on when it’s going to be fixed, does suggest that our data is gone and is unlikely to be restored?? I can’t understand the lack of communication or solution otherwise.

Best Answer

Any update on this?

Best Answer

Hi all!
After the recent update I don't seem to have any more problems. I have reupdated my menstrual cycle days and it is still there. So nothing is lost on my side.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What version have you updated too? I’ve updated to 4.10, so it’s now letting me log menstrual data but it hasn’t restore any of my YEARS of data??

Best Answer

I’m on 4.10 as well (the update from last week) and it didn’t resolve anything, other than allowing new data input. Our historical data is still missing. 

Best Answer

Same. I can add new but have lost years of data

Best Answer

It’s obviously men running the updates who don’t understand what the big deal is

Best Answer

Same for me. Can add new data which saves but historical data is still not there!!!!! 😤😫

Best Answer

I have an iPhone and my current version is 4.10.

Ps I lost all of my menstrual cycle data as well, but seeing that i also always have added more details, it was easy for me to know what my menstrual cycle days were. Therefore I have readded everything from the past years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are we to assume, based on the silence from Fitbit that our historical data is never going to be recovered, and that they are just hoping that we all quietly go away? 😡

Best Answer

Didnt even realize my data was gone until I went into my doctors office just now and they asked me about it ☠️😵

all data is totally gone…and I am officially useless to my Endo 🤣 cuz I have no clue what the answers are to their questions lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit I think we’re well overdue an update now - the fact that we’ve just been left with no news is incredibly disappointing. It shouldn’t take this long to restore data, so are we to assume you’ve lost it all? This isn’t just a ‘nice to have’ like tracking water intake - many women rely on this data to track serious health conditions, the menopause and fertility. And it’s data that WE own. You aren’t taking this seriously enough. 

Best Answer