Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menstrual App Not Working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Menstrual tracker is not working. I have edited to accurately track my last period and I keep getting notifications that my period is predicted to start when it's not. Every time I open it, I am asked to confirm if my period started today or edit and it never goes away 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I have been experiencing the same thing since mid-March. I did all the tricks I saw offered before to fix the app not tracking properly and nothing worked. If I turn on predictions, the app starts a new period the second it concludes an old one.. which I cannot modify or delete either. 

Best Answer

Hello @Angiemarie3  and @MissPID 

I’m unable to move either of your posts to another location but I feel your questions would be better suited for the Menstrual Heath Tracking Forum here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Menstrual-Health-Tracking/bd-p/femalehealth

😃 I’m sure someone there can definitely address your app issues and hopefully provide you both with a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer

Your welcome @Angiemarie3 😉 I hope you you have a wonderful weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angiemarie3   I can move your post and am happy to do it for you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be great, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue. I have my cycle set as 24 days but the predictions base it off 26. Did you get the issue resolved? Can you direct me to your thread on the menstrual health tracking forum? Thanks. 

Best Answer