Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menstrual Calendar is causing the Fitbit app app to freeze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve tried to access the period calendar the past few days (4/30-5/2/21) and the app freezes up every time. I’ve uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone, and reinstalled the app to no avail. This is so frustrating since they just fixed the month-long issue of the calendar showing your birth month/year. 😖

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

I’m also experiencing the same issue as everyone here.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, turned my phone off and on, and successfully synced my Versa 2 to the app…but the period track section freezes. Plus, after I deleted and reinstalled the app it lost years worth of my tracked periods - when will this issue be resolved?

Best Answer

This is happening to me as well!! So annoying.

Best Answer

Hi,

I'm having trouble too with the app.
I want to edit the start date of my period but I can't do it. The starting date of my period isn't changing. I can make it start a day earlier but not remove it today. It's really frustrating 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues as well, and this has happened in the past. I’m sick of these issues - I use Period Tracker app now which lets you log A LOT more details, making it way more useful. I’m definitely not buying anymore Fitbits since they obviously don’t care about women’s health.

Best Answer

Can all of you see if it's working for you  now?

Wife has an iPhone SE 14.7 iOS Menstrual calendar editing began working at about 7pm Eastern. Unsure if there was a correlation to updating Versa 2 firmware. Or from me complaining on another post.

Bri

Best Answer
0 Votes

I now have the same problem with my Luxe. Every time I go onto the calendar, it crashes and I have to force quit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to edit mine... the app keeps freezing. I have done all the suggested ways of stopping this from happening and nothing is working

Best Answer

Still not working for me. I have tried all of the steps and my phone is completely up to date as is the app. This is the second month in a row now that I can’t edit this. Extremely aggravating. I’m already a raging mess because of my period and I just want to update so I know when the hormones are going to hit… 😫

Best Answer

Hi there

I have also tried this, have the latest version of the app and most up to date IOS and as soon as I try to scroll in the period tracker it freezes the entire app every time. It’s only in the period tracker though. Given the previous problems with the tracker always starting at the birth year and other times it has frozen, it does feel like Fitbit isn’t applying adequate resources to bug fixing this feature of the app aka not taking women’s issues seriously. 😞  When it does work it’s a useful feature but quite often this feature freezes or glitches.

Best Answer

Same issue in August 2022. Is Fitbit listening to women?

Best Answer

It would seem possibly they are not prioritizing this, given how many years it’s now taken to address the issue. I’ve been having this issue as well. The app consistently crashes when I select “edit period”. I tried turning off the predictions and just entering periods directly, but same problem occurred. I’ve installed the most recent updates for the app. 

Best Answer

I’m very new to this community &health tracking in general and this is also an issue for me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely not a priority for Fitbit, it’s almost 2023 and I am still having the same issue that others reported in 2021 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:.

Best Answer

just started having this issue and it is very annoying

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a workaround! Hope this works for others, as well, as it's been frustrating to deal with.

Workaround: After opening the menstrual calendar, wait 1 full minute before touching anything else or trying to scroll.

• If I try to scroll/edit right away, the whole app freezes.
  • If I wait 30 seconds, I'm able to scroll. But the whole app freezes once I try to edit.
  • If I wait 1 full minute, everything works!
  • I suspect these times may vary depending on how much data you have recorded. I have about 2.5 years.

Based on this, I think the issue may be that the app is trying to load too much data all at once (to allow "endless" scrolling for the user). If that's the case, it may be better for the developers to implement incremental loading. For example, load only 3 months at a time -- or whatever time period would make sense -- and display a loading icon (like an hourglass) if the user tries to scroll past this range. Prevent the user's input from sending any commands to the app while it's loading. Then cache everything that has been loaded so that the user doesn't need to wait for previously loaded data to load again.

Alternatively, just tell the user "your data is loading, this may take a minute" as soon as they open the menstrual calendar and don't accept any inputs until loading of the entire calendar is finished (this would be a quicker but less desirable fix: most of the time, when I open the app, I won't be scrolling to the beginning of my history). 

EDIT: I just noticed that the calendar, once fully loaded, goes all the way back to my birth year!!! I'm not sure if this adds significantly to the loading time, as there's no recorded data going that far back, but I bet that it might...

@MarreFitbit Please let us know if this sounds to be on the right track, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

[Deleted]

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this...I just did this and I was able to edit it without it freezing...suggest the tech people at Fitbit listen to the suggestions made here about not loading too much data at once.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might be onto something. I still haven't gotten it to work, but it would at least explain why this functionality was working fine when we just started using it.

I'm so, so tired of FitBit not fixing this problem. It's been literally years.

Best Answer
0 Votes