Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My thoughts after a year of using the menstrual health tracking.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using the Fit Bit app to track my menstrual cycle for over a year now. Mostly I like it and I will keep using it, but there are some things about it that I would like to see changed.

First, I wish there was an option to add notes. I am heading into perimenopause and sometimes just tracking dates and the app's pre-determined symptoms is not a complete picture. For example, my period was 9 days earlier than predicted this month. I can change the date and now it just shows my last two periods as if that was normal. I can look at "trends" and see that this cycle was only 18 days and my average is 26 days. But there is nothing there to show that it was very unexpected and completely out of character for me. The average given does not reflect that a 27 to 28-day cycle is my normal and early periods are changing my average. It would be helpful to have a note even if it had to be restricted to just a few words. However, I'm a verbose person by nature, so I would personally prefer no limits to the length of notes. 

It is difficult to edit periods. I know how to do it, but every month I have to edit the predicted period by at least a day, start or finish, and every month it is a big pain to edit it. The app does not respond easily to the hold and drag to a new date and I have to try again and again. I have no other issue with this app or others working in this manner, so it is something with this function specifically. 

Every month I am irritated that "tired" is an emotional symptom and not a physical one. Really? "Tired" is right next to "anxious" as if the two were somehow related. I suppose you could make the argument that one could be mentally tired and that could be similar to an emotion like happy or annoyed, but for me (and I assume most people) "tired" is very physical. It belongs next to headache and bloated. Bone-weary tiredness is my most consistent pre-menstrual symptom. My body feels exhausted and things that are normally easy, like getting out of bed and going for a run, become very difficult. In addition, anemia can be a common health issue for those that menstruate, and one of the symptoms of anemia, a physical not emotional health condition, is tiredness. There is something subtly patronizing to have "tired" with the emotional symptoms. 

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0