Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period suddenly changed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My period/fertile days predictions have been the same for a month (since my last period). I haven't changed any info, but when I woke up this morning, all of the dates have changed.

I'm just wondering why this has happened? 

I've force quit the app, turned predictions off and on again, but they have not changed back to what they were before.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Welcome on board @Lauriegoldie, it's nice to have you here! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience, nice way to go! 

I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is updated to version 2.79 for Android and 2.78 for iOS.
  • Log out from your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app once again
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Sync right away 

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! Robot Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Hi there!
Thanks for getting back to me. I've done all the things you said and no
change.
I don't understand what would have made it change overnight with no input
from me?

Laura
Best Answer

I pretty much have had this problem since the Woman’s health was added. My period was changed by the app at least 4 times. Really annoying. And nothing seems to stop it. This morning I woke up and it moved again without changing anything. 

Best Answer

Thanks for reporting this girls @Lauriegoldie and @Alissa91! Also, thanks for the steps you've taken in order to sort this out. 

Please go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Tur it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. 

Let me know if this bring your periods back! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
It brings them back, but at the revised date.
I want to know what made them change.
Best Answer

Glad to hear they are back @Lauriegoldie! This is the first time I read something like this happens. The dates cannot change by themselves unless we manually edit the periods. However, this is not the case as you mentioned at the very beginning you didn't change anything. 

So, I'd appreciate if you keep testing your app and see if this happens again so I can go from there. 

In the meantime, I'd recommend taking a look at: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

Hi all, 

My Fitbit has just started acting up in the same way. On both cases the logged dates changed overnight. As far as I can tell they 'stay put' once I have manually changed them back, but it's quite bizarre (and annoying). 

I will give disabling the predictions a go, if you think that might help,

Best Answer
Hi there!
It took me a while to figure this out! When you set up your Fitbit, you
tell it how long your period normally lasts for-how many days(check in your
settings).
My Fitbit was resetting the dates when it got to the end of the number of
days and the period hadn't started yet, my Fitbit would tell me that my
period was due the next day. And it kept doing this until I told it the
period had started.
Likewise, the manual reset worked fine.
Hope this helps.
Best Answer

Hi there @Marieluise, it's nice to see you around here! Please try following @Lauriegoldie's suggestion and see if that helps to you too. Smiley Wink

In addition, I'd recommend taking a look at: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

Let us know how it goes! 

Best Answer

My problem is that my tracker thinks i hve a 56 day day cycle even though it's set to 21. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing. Please help!

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Mbekstein, it's nice to see a new member here! Thanks for uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. 

Please try going to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set cycle length again then turn predictions back on. 

You can edit the average cycle length and period length you provided during setup; however, these settings only affect your initial predictions. 

Keep the following in mind:

• Change your average period length to adjust the length of your initial period predictions. For example, if you change your average period length from 5 days to 8 days, your predictions adjust to reflect this change.
  • Edit your average cycle length to adjust the length of your entire cycle. If fertility predictions are on, the predictions for your fertile window and ovulation day adjust based on the length of your cycle. For more information, see our blog post Ovulation, Fertility, and Pregnancy: What It Really Takes To Make a Baby

To change your setup values for average cycle or period length:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the female health tile.
  2. Tap the gear icon.
  3. Tap Period Length or Cycle Length and adjust the number. 
  4. Confirm your changes.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
Still doesnt work. And the Manuel input doesnt show up
Best Answer

Hello there @Mbekstein, thanks for coming back and for letting me know you've tried the steps recommended. 

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist in the meantime. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. I have tried all the steps listed above but my Fitbit app has done this to me at least the last 4 times. The first time I thought maybe I had done something but last night was the last day of my period, my Fitbit knew it, and when I woke up this morning it completely changed to tell me today was the first day after I already acknowledged the first day went it did it originally last week. I would love for you to add my name to this issue because clearly this is a bug with the app since so many are having this issue.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Laurah91, it's nice to see you around! We appreciate your time and patience regarding this matter. 

Since this situation turned out to be uncommon, we need to research the root cause of the issue. This, as you may know, takes almost the same amount of time that it takes for us to release any new feature/update from the previous platforms that we have launched already.

We can't determine any specific date to provide to you. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm finishing my period now. But ita now telling me I'm not getting my next one for 56 days. That's crazy!!!

Fix this!!

Best Answer

I'm not sure how you can say that this is uncommon... In the last month you've had at least 4 others with this problem plus it looks like the original post started in 2018. Most don't think to post on the FitBit community area. This has been going on for months for me but I didn't think to post until yesterday. So the idea that this is uncommon seems a little shortsighted. I appreciate that it takes time to research issues and roll out a patch for a bug and it may not happen until the next software update. I do hope Fitbit works to fix this ASAP as it would show me that they actually care about their customers and value the experiences and opinions of their female customers especially who, at the moment, seem to be the ones being forgotten. 

Best Answer

Hello @Laurah91 and @MbeksteinI am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation too. I'll make sure to keep you all posted as soon as the are updates available. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me almost monthly. It will be right on and then all of a sudden two weeks later when my period is supposed to start has jumped. I haven’t touched any of the settings. I keep my Fitbit app up to date and I keep it synced with my Versa. Why does this keep happening?

Best Answer