Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Women's Health Tracking not useful for some women

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can not tell you how much I dislike the fact that you want to gather info on FB women members personal body functions.   I do not understand how this can be helpful to the women. 

The tile was removed from my app.

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @notfatcat

You read the article about it? Click to see

There are privacy policies set and they must be agreed to before using the app. It was requested by more than enough women to get Fitbit's attention and get it to the female members.

As for too much personal information, take a look at a simple online search that uses cookies. Your ISP or your mobile provider has a lot of your information on a daily basis. No place is 100% secure if you use technology. Well, your face isn't private either if you go to a bank, ATM, Wal-Mart or any retail store.

So, removing it was a good option for you. For others, they are asking for more functions. It's just the way things are these days with the younger people wanting to integrate their technology with their lives.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I cannot tell you how difficult it has been to use different apps to track daily HEALTH info because Fitbit is a male-dominated company that had to be dragged by its own users to even acknowledge that more than half the world's population experience DAILY effects od changes in female hormones. Women's health is not a monthly "function" of shedding a uterus wall. Unfortunately there are many social stigmas related to menstrual cycles that completely ignore basic biology. For example: every single day, hormone activity directly impacts weight, water retention, sleep, heart rate, stamina, sense of wellness, etc. Yup, all the things Fitbit says It's been tracking for years. That is a lot of missing information that could help medical research and improve health outcomes for females and anyone who was created by one.

Best Answer

Well, I am fortunate enough not to have to deal with all those issues (removed due to cancer) and able to opt out of this tracker.  I hope this helps all that need/want it.  But I also hope everyone that doesn't will figure out how to opt out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not tell you how much I love the fact we have the "option" to track our cycles. Being in perimenepause for years now it helps to show your dr. how thig are going. 

Best Answer

Could I ask what screen you're showing you doctor?  I haven't found a way to view any patterns related to the reproductive system in this app.  I'm using Clue for that, where it does show up patterns nicely, and disabled this function on Fitbit.

Best Answer
It too soon to see patterns on fitbit trending tells you this. Currently
show my Dr period tracker.

Melissa Wenger
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you mean it's too soon because you haven't input enough data? I've input months of data, copied over from another app, but there's still nothing I can look at to show a pattern. It's such a shame they chose not to do that, it would have been great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@notfatcat Hi, there! Woman Happy Thanks so much for your input. I'm sorry to hear this new feature isn't beneficial for you and glad you were able to remove it from the app. This is an opt-in feature, which means anyone can choose to use it or not depending on their needs and preferences. 

If there are any privacy concerns in this regard, please note we work hard to keep your data safe. We give you settings to control how your information is shared, and we ask you for your information so we can provide you with great products.

Please review our Privacy Policy at https://www.fitbit.com/legal/privacy-policy. There you will learn about the data we collect, how we use it, the controls we give you over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe. Let me know if I can help with anything else. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
It implies 1st 2 current will allow trending, no need to get ahead of the
app.

Melissa Wenger
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing your information..It is very informative.

Best Answer
0 Votes