Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I ok?...

So I've been using my HR for about 6 months now, but today I noticed something weird.

I was ramping up to my power walk and power walked for about over an hour. Was perfectly fine, didn't feel too out of breath and felt pretty good at the end of it.

When I looked at my HR monitoring, I somehow peaked at 179? I've never been this high and it seemed a bit random. I can't really recall anything specific except at the start I was pushing myself hard and quite excited (I vaguely remember seeing 143 at the time I felt I was pushing it). Then after a few minutes I turned it down a notch and did a normal to fast power walk for over an hour.

The graph concerned me... I had my heart tested a year ago because I get healthy anxiety (I'm a healthy just-turned-28 year old female) so not sure if anyone else has seen something like this? It scared me a bit... I'm not overweight, just quite muscly (BMI is 25.5 but my fat percentage is 25%)...

Here is the image...

pic1.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello!

I think it´s importat to remember that your Fitbit device isn´t a medical tool. If you have other symptoms or still feel worried I personally would go for a check up at the doctors office. Good luck!

Best Answer

I would say you are fine, one time my fitbit said my heartbeat was 193 after doing a mile run on a hot day. It also has lagged out my workouts (time-wise) before. If you are worried though, you can check with a medical professional. BTW, I have an Alta HR.😁

Best Answer

thanks guys. I've only ever seen this happen once in 8 months and it was a bit random. It hasn't done that before and it could have just been a blip with my fitbit. That's what I'm kinda counting on anyway! I've had checks with the cardiologist last year (i have health anxiety since my dad passed away) and they done ECGs and a full echo and said everything is unremarkable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats good to hear, keep up the activity!

Best Answer
0 Votes