Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else with a high heart rate? (80-90 average) Wondering if it's normal

I recently got a fitbit and noticed my heart rate during the day is on average 80-90, getting to 110-120 by just walking in town doing errands.

I've been dieting strictly since the new year. I have lost nearly 20lbs/9kg since then and dropped from 30% body fat down to 21% and my blood pressure is normal numbers according to my last checkup, 115/80. I have also quit drinking and smoking and stopped consuming sugar/processed foods. However my heart rate has been staying high and not budging.

In the evenings when I'm in bed and sleeping though my fitbit records my heart rate an average of 63. My sleep score seems to be good, ranging from 70-80 (probably doesn't mean much) and getting an average of 6.5-7 sleep a night though I always thought I was getting a solid 8 hours.

I used to suffer from frequent anxiety when I was younger and thought well my heart rate is below 100 so I should be fine. These days I don't suffer from anxiety/depression due to my new healthy lifestyle but yet my heart rate hasn't changed much. I wake up with a 65 resting and jumps to 85-95 as soon as I'm out and about.

Seeing many people on this sub saying their resting heart rate of 60 jumping to 80 is concerning made me question my heart rate. I'm due to see a cardiologist as recommended by my doctor but still on a waitlist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Aaron, 80 to 90 is still in normal range. I've always had a high heart rate and mine jumps up quickly. I've had a stress test, echo, etc., all good. You sound very healthy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, 85 to 100 here at any one time.   Being 362 lbs probably has something to do with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's normal, I have been jogging, cycling, working out for 8 months and at the early stage my weight was 87 kg and I had bpm at around 60 to 65 when i wake up because my body did not get used to daily exercises, but now i am 68.2 kg and when i wake up my bpm goes between 58-60 which is normal. Based on you what you mentioned I had the similar readings in the beginning.

Have a good day

Bonndogg
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I actually had a spike of 143 while I was asleep. Doubtful. Lately I'm constantly over 100 thought I better make a doctor's appt. Is this a malfunction in the watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes