Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Scammers

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For those of you new or even those of us who have been part of the community for awhile. Beware of scammers on this site. There are moderators, but not enough of them to keep the kooks out. Remember these are open boards and open groups.

Best Answer
193 REPLIES 193
It's sad. Fitbit says they are working to Stop this from happening, It sure
DOESN'T show that much is being done

Alan
Best Answer

@ALP1961  Fitbit can only do so much. Scammers are always able to wiggle around and a few will show up time to time. What we members need to do is not to have any interaction with them. No need to encourage them.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
No interaction? Hmmm, how do we get rid of them then. Just ignoring them
and blocking just passed them off to Unsuspecting people. If we call them
out, WE get in trouble. Sorry I WON'T be quite about them.

I report ALL of them that I Confirm are Spam so Fitbit removes them.
Otherwise they just move on to others. Is that Really right for OUR
Community?

Alan
Best Answer

@ALP1961  read some of the posts. Some members of this community have had private messages and more with these scammers. It's important for those joining the forums to report the people and not get too close to them. There is more than one thread on the forums about this problem.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Yes I know this and I've read a lot of them. I'm Disgusted with the LACK of
Safety that THEY are supposed to provide and DON'T. So please Don't try to
lecture me on What is going on with Fitbit. I've Lived it Personally and
I'm FIGHTING for Every True member of Fitbit. Don't like my approach, Sorry
but I'm not changing it. I Will Not let people Bully Others on the App and
I will not be Bullied. I will Not change my approach in clearing them out
the best way I know how.

Alan
Best Answer
Ikr?! They can't have what they want, so they resort to this nonsense that
can ruin other people's lives. 😑
Best Answer
Good morning you are absolutely correct scammers just want to rob people out of hard earned money they are filth stay safe

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thank you. May you also stay safe.
Best Answer

I'm sorry but Just blocking them passes them off to an unsuspecting person. We must stay vilegent in Reporting them first before blocking them. I don't want it on my head knowing that I might have been responsible for NOT stopping someone from ruining another's life on here by just blocking them. 

Best Answer

You Should go and hang out on the App. That's where the Majority of this is going on. We Truly need more help There, for every fake account we get removed, I'm betting that 7 or more get past us. They are coming in faster than we can remove them. I've seen it said to Block them, well that's all fine and good but you passed them off to someone else on the App. We keep Asking for help, and it seems like as others have posted, get Our permissions on the App taken away. Granted I understand that sometimes people go to far with calling them out. I play them along till I'm sure they are Spam and report them. Sad thing is I keep them in my list for awhile and SOME accounts get restored within a day up to a week later. I report it again and Rip Fitbit for allowing them to come back in. That is part of what we are up against. 

Best Answer
Good point. I've done that on social media a couple of times.
Best Answer

(3/5/2021)
Re: BLOCKED USER SECURITY LOOPHOLE

1. I have blocked users on the fitbit app. But my friends tell me that the people I have blocked are STILL able to see MY comments on whereas I am oblivious to their nasty comments (which available to all to see).

2. The blocked party can still leave bullying and harassing comments in reply to my comments that on a neutral party's post.

3. Why can a blocked party still see MY COMMENTS?!?!??! This is not safe. I hope Fitbit will address this glitch soon!

Best Answer

I've never heard that one but it wouldn't surprise me. I've seen it on other discussion sites for all kinds of topics, seems like it would probably be the same thing here. I would hope not but worth checking into.

Best Answer
For sure. Yeah, it's worth a look.
Best Answer