Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Scammers

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For those of you new or even those of us who have been part of the community for awhile. Beware of scammers on this site. There are moderators, but not enough of them to keep the kooks out. Remember these are open boards and open groups.

Best Answer
193 REPLIES 193
Your anonymous how can they threaten you? How is it possible for them to get money out of you. Yes they did ask me to go to hangout, but I didn’t even know what hangout was.

Good Luck

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

@Oscardoghiggy  Delete them as friends plain and simple.

You should also not even except their friend request. You are the only one that can help you.

Delete them and don't except any more

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

>Then the second texts is usually asking me to talk to her via text or WhatsApp or another means outside of FB. When I state I’m here for fitness and don’t text folks I don’t know outside of FB,

This is an excellent idea! And if they unfriend you, nothing lost and everything gained.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  it's just like life offline. Someone tries to get you to go to another location, to isolate you from others and safety. Many of them just don't count on someone who is able to resist their repeated attempts to get attention. Stay strong and stay safe! We can do this!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
It’s pretty easy to tell all scammers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
They only can annoy or harm you if you let them

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Spoiler
I was part of several groups with the old Fitbit system. If someone asked to be a friend I simply looked to see if they were an active part of one of the groups. If not I'd reject them. If the age is wrong, the activity is different, or there seemed to be no similarity, then don't accept the friend.
Best Answer

Okay, I have been in contact with yet another Captain scammer, using that photo of Thomas or whatever the correct name is. How do I report this? He is calling himself a very generic "Richard M." and thus far he only has 2 friends as I have since deleted him... This person waited a little while before asking to talk outside of the app, a few days, so I opted to check his picture and blamooo I ended up here 🙂 

Best Answer

Are they using a name with the initials B.H.? I have had 5 guys in 2 days try to contact me even when my profile is literally a cat and says "this isn't a dating app and I'm not interested" ETA nevermind. I just re-read your post. I must have a new scammer. Oh goody. Lol 

Best Answer

@Coopeerr  @SunsetRunner 

Before even excepting look at the friend List and steps. No Steps all Female Friends? Use the app to Block them and not friend them at all. Click on the 3 dots upper corner you will get a drop down choose Block

Do the same if you already excepted. Go to friend list click on name and block

Can only be done from app (to block)

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Fitbit is absolutely full off scammers a good idea before accepting a friend request is to look when they joined if they have been on longer than a month and have no badges they are scammers I keep seeing old friends making new friend requests it’s ridiculous I don’t accept friends requests anymore because I don’t trust they are legitimate just be very careful dear

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hi I now no longer accept friends requests I always look at their profile if I see no badges or trophies then they are scammers and Fitbit is overrun with them unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yes it’s very simple

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've gotten friend requests on Fitbit, too, and the minute they ask me to go to Hangouts or WhatsApp, I block them because I suspect they are scammers using other people's pics.  If they want to talk about fitness and nutrition, fine, but if they're trying to get me to give them my phone number, which I don't give anyway, and I tell them why, they get mad. 

Best Answer
I don’t get that far any more I just delete the original friend request where there are no steps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I don’t accept friends requests anymore I look at their profile if there no badges or trophies then it’s a scammer I keep seeing old faces with new names and nationalities it’s disgusting the amount of dam scammers on Fitbit I’m reporting them all the time stay safe out there

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Geeze how are there so many scammers out there? I just joined fitbit a few days ago and it's like... what?

Best Answer
Hi be very careful 95% of people on Fitbit are dam scammers you can’t trust anyone if they try move you to hangouts it’s a scammer playground and they always ask the same questions are you married do you have children what job do you do and I guarantee they have either lost a wife husband children or both they will play with your emotions I promise you stay safe

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
It’s a shame friend requests years ago were legit now I don’t even look just delete

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yep same here dear it’s just bloody ridiculous I saw a old friend scammer of course he’s had 3 different names and 3 different nationalities so far

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer