Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Scammers

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For those of you new or even those of us who have been part of the community for awhile. Beware of scammers on this site. There are moderators, but not enough of them to keep the kooks out. Remember these are open boards and open groups.

Best Answer
193 REPLIES 193

Have you talk to someone saying he is working for peace keeping mission? I am talking now to 3men with the same job different locations. All of them are my bf now lol and i am playing with them. 1 is asking for 2000$ because he has to get a personal device to make a viceo call. And he said he registered me as his fiance. Lol i told him i will give him the money at the end of the month lol. The other one is in afghan. He said he is a widow. And he love me instantly. The other one is a widow too and in syria. He said he lobe me so much i am waiting for the 2 to ask money too. Lol. Its fun to play tho. 

Best Answer
This is definitely true. I am bored so i played with them too. I always ask for video messages. And they cant provide.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @November_1985  why waste your time with anyone like that? Surely there is something more productive you can do with your time. Sort of odd that your first two posts on the forums, with your just joining today, are this particular thread. Which Fitbit did you get and are you able to get out and walk?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have versa 2. I do swimming, running and biking.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wonderful @November_1985 ! Sure sounds like you're active. If you'd like some more fun areas of the forum to read and participate in, follow the link in my signature. Glad you're with us.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes thank you for that. i wil definitely join.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh they are wicked it’s always the same hangouts are you married do you have kids do you work the better the job they figure they can get more money from you they try and blind you with their wealth and good jobs romance you with YouTube videos they are sad evil people I have chatted to 40 same old story be very careful they are very devious

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Well i admit, the 1st guy got me for 3days. Because it was really difficult
to identify at first. I was being friendly and i am single. You would not
recognize the style that quick because at the back of your mind, the
community is not a dating site and everyone wants to challenge you or
inspire you. But then, after 3 days, he said he was inlove with me. Showing
me his sincerity, he even video call me. And its the same person as he was
in the picture. So i believe him. But since he said he was in the army,
calling is strictly prohibited, he said he need a device for us to use.
That i need to pay 2000$ lol no way i would that much. Expensive than my
watch 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 forgive me guys its my first time in community. So i
thought its a safe place for first timers. 2days ago ive been accepting
guys who said they are single, widow, doctor, army lol without any
activities. So i did replies and found out they have same answers to some
questions. So there at the end of the day, i would ask them why do they
scam. Then i report them. Well i had fun. Dont worry guys, i am very much
active with my exercise. I do swimming and running everyday. And cycling on
my weekends. Im just having fun.
Best Answer
Report and then block them. I blocked two guys recently because they wanted
my WhatsApp number and one of them wanted me to move to Hangouts.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes report and block those who just joined and wants you to chat on hang
out and whatsapp.
Best Answer
Trust no one on Fitbit unless you see badgers and trophies if a new friend wants to get you away from Fitbit to hangouts we’ll it’s a scammer playground dear they are all well rehearsed they have lost wife child or both want to know all about you your age have you got kids what do you do for a job they figure the better job you have the more money they can ask for they blind you with YouTube love songs and they send photos of big houses and cars saying they belong to them the figure people like us are gold diggers so they have you then be very carful they are good at manipulating you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
this is definitely true.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They're a bunch of dumb losers... honestly the worst low life's in the
world.
Best Answer

Tell me about it! Two months ago, a guy calling himself Shane N. asked for my WhatsApp number and earlier this month two other guys asked whether I had Hangouts or WhatsApp.  I told them I don't use Hangouts anymore and I prefer to stay on Fitbit. These guys are the lowest of the low, indeed! Are they so bored and lonely that they need to do that? 

Best Answer

They also claim that they want to take care of you. Thanks, but no thanks. 🤣🤣🤣

Best Answer
They are scum of the lowest type I keep getting friend requests if I see a face I have seen before I report and block otherwise is just deletthem it’s ridiculous stay safe

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
They are decidedly evil scum lies and nothing but lies they tell

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Everyone got to relax if you hit ignore button they vanish no reason to get crazy with vulgar language. Some people like looking for trouble so they can complain.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Really Beanrunz?

You think calling out a scammer is complaining? That just hitting ignore
makes them go away? It doesn't. Making it difficult for them to continue
with scamming people and the Fitbit community reporting them without having
to justify their concerns is what matters. This is hardly a complaint. A
complaint is my Fitbit not synching.

Watching friends "fall for" some scammer and getting bilked for money is
not acceptable because they have good hearts.

Having them reported, accounts deleted and Fitbit teams being more
proactive against scammers on this platform is what's needed. I won't hide
my head in the sand. I want something to be done. Don't you?
Best Answer
Really, every time I hit the ignore button they disappear, until the next one comes, how hard is it to detect, no steps, no badges, no nothing, so why are you so upset, you must lead a very stress free life it this is what you have to worry about.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes